Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a replacement 80

That's because you live in a place where there are villains Steve! We don't have crime here. It's a quiet village where dropping a chip wrapper is rare enough!

Nah, not arson, it seems that it took some while to get going too. One or two people saying that they smelled burning sometime earlier. If you were to fire a truck, you probably wouldn't try to star a fire in the engine compartment of a locked truck that took cutting gear to open the bonnet. The Fire Bobbies were pretty certain that it was electrical. I'll go with that.

Chris

Those pics are sure scary Chris - amazing how much gets done. Looks like nit too much damage from them putting it out - I was expecting loads of foam damage? Or is that just not showing up really??

Really nasty, boet. Sterkte!!

They used water Gary. They actually emptied the appliance and had to go and get more from the hydrant. They said it was a good job that the house wasn't on fire as there wasn't enough pressure in the mains to feed their hoses. The pictures don't show the whole story Gary. They used water inside the truck too. Everything is saturated with smoked water, soot, filth and tar. I'll rub a tissue on it and post it to you! Trust me, it is a complete skip. I leant inside it today to get something and I still reek of it. The house stinks too. The drive is melted. My gear is half trashed. RTT, awning and track mats are untouched as they had the bonnet up I guess.

Chris

Sound horrific - hopefully the house is upwind!!

Glad the tent and stuff is ok though - at least you don't have to get that sorted again....

I think it's all Merlin's fault really - not enough rides in GW and he was just plain jealous ;) :lol: (well, I've got to try find a bright side somewhere!!)

I'll get my coat.

Let me know when to plan the 'bring and mod' party. We can all camp in the pub parking lot opposite!

Shame it didn't spread to the pub and burn it down :lol:

Chris

Maybe Merlin tiddled up the wheel and it caused a short in the elecktriks.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
He's my Pooch.

C

Chris said:
They used water Gary. They actually emptied the appliance and had to go and get more from the hydrant. They said it was a good job that the house wasn't on fire as there wasn't enough pressure in the mains to feed their hoses. The pictures don't show the whole story Gary. They used water inside the truck too. Everything is saturated with smoked water, soot, filth and tar. I'll rub a tissue on it and post it to you! Trust me, it is a complete skip. I leant inside it today to get something and I still reek of it. The house stinks too. The drive is melted. My gear is half trashed. RTT, awning and track mats are untouched as they had the bonnet up I guess.

Chris

With regards to the smell elsewhere - get an ozone generator. that'll take care of it.

You're right about the smell Chris, Had to chuck my top in the wash this morning, even though I didn't really touch anything with it, and my hands looked as though I'd been working on the engine all day, it didn't wash off easy ! Talking to a Fireman today from the cross, he sez it was Chez engines that turned up, not their area ! I thought it worked on the nearest station not on boundaries ? If you want oat Sunday let me know :thumbup: , otherwise I've got to take our Gert and sprog out somewhere :thumbdown:

Wassit 'our Gert' thing?? Ecky has one of them too... Are you all married to women called Gert over there??? ;)

Women all called Gert? Course they are. What else would you call them?

Shirty Gertie when they are cross
Flirty Gertie when talking to the Milkie or Postie
Hurty Gertie when they're sad (who cares)
Murky Gertie when they are in a mood

And Dirty Gertie when, err well you get the idea

Cheers Nick. No they we Chez. Up tother side O'Whitt when they got t'call.

I will know better on Sat when I have a had a go at it. I can't take stuff off really as I have to wait for the assessor. But I could do wi'thand to get tent orf.

Chris

Chris n Nick

Go easy while you are working on it. After a fire there are an awful lot of carcinogenic residues left from burnt plastics, paint and even metals.
Wouldn't want you suffering from a double whammy Chris :shock:

Ecky, I think Chris covered that in this sentence of his last post...

Chris said:
No they we Chez. Up tother side O'Whitt when they got t'call.

Do keep up old chap... Its these local dialects y'know...

:doh:

Cough, no you are cough right Les, cough.

Do remember what I cough do for a living cough.

I shall sit here quietly on the sofa cough :lol: :lol:

Chris

Nar then Gavlad, dunt thi know Ecky wo frum raun here int fost place for E went sarf ? A reckon anyroad !

Ey thar knows ar knows yar knows - evry begga knows thar knows Ecky wur frum raun yar way frum wen he wur a yungun befor e 'came a sarfun wooftar

Thanks goodness for those online translators - I hope I got the punctuation right...

What?

Did anyone get that by any chance? Sounded like some Scouser just shouting.

No? Well, they'll come back if it was important.

Chris

Back