Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Manual rather than auto 100 series

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I have a customer who is looking for a manual 100 series, can be pre or post facelift but needs to be a good condition vehicle with service history (not necessarily Toyota but shows it's been looked after). Doesn't matter if it's standard or not, if anyone knows of such a vehicle anywhere in the UK then I'd like to make arrangements to view.

This customer is not a dreamer or tyre kicker and looking to buy, however they do know their onions and happy to wait rather than over paying.

Last edited:
I do have to ask Trev, why on earth would you want a manual 100?

We've had the old 'man v auto' debate many times I know. I have a manual 80, but only really because I wanted the 24v engine and UK spec. Andy has 24v autos and they are superior in my view. I just wanted the UK spec with lockers etc, but would be inclined to fit after market lockers perhaps to an import.

Manual 100? Just can see any advantage. Changing gear is a chore in a big truck like this. I've just been to Stirling and back in my auto 80 and never once thought, oh wouldn't it be nice to change gear. There maybe the argument over economy, but I think Andy is getting 26 mpg out of his 24v auto. That's better than my 24v manual.

Don't think there are many 100 manuals out there, are there?

The customer specifically wants a manual and the hunt is on, as you say there aren't that many about to choose from.

Tried a 02 manual 100 earlier this year. Not so bad on the open road but a royal PITA in stop start traffic,junctions,queues etc. Driving back in the auto 100 I'd been cured of wanting one of those. I can only imagine he wants to be "different".

not much fun as a town car but I miss having a manual otherwise and they are the best choice for an overlanding type vehicle for simplicity / reliability.

Hi Jon, following our discussions in the past, I'd have bet anything the post after the above would have been yours.:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have driven both and was not overly impressed with either. I think of it was me I would do a auto with the lock up kit.

Stu

Back