Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Matt’s Offroad Recovery

clivehorridge

Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
I’ve watched all of these since they began posting on Utoob... not Land Cruisers admittedly, they’re in the US, but a great bunch of guys.

Strongly recommended viewing, technically and entertaining.

Hmmm my very first thought when i seen the caravan was to tow it out backwards , they don't weigh much .

Hmmm my very first thought when i seen the caravan was to tow it out backwards , they don't weigh much .

I've tried that Shayne, time ago when I had my own caravan. You can move them easily enough, but when not hitched, they’re pretty much uncontrollable. They take on a will of their own and go all over the place. OK if you’ve got 4 or 5 guys to man-handle it, but on your tod it’s impossible.

Anyway, I posted this as an intro to their vids. They're great little family outfit in Utah, the scenery is great and he’s a busy lad...

Yeah i don't mean to take anything away from those guys they got the job done and that's what matters , you have posted them up before and i said then what a great way to earn a living though i don't think i'd earn much offering this service in the urban metropolis of Cardiff :violin:

That reminds of the time a few years ago when I was hitching up the van on the campsite in Scotland to come home and forgot to fully retract the rear legs and ploughed two nice furrows across the field:icon-redface:. Some of the other campers found it quite amusing, the site manager didn't!

That's the method i was thinking to employ while towing the caravan backwards Towpack . Do they still call you mr ploughman or are you banned from the camp :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The problem with that type of caravan is 1, they don't have a jockey wheel and have more weight on the front so if you tried to tow backwards the jockey (minus the wheel) would just dig into the mud

I've watched most of his videos and think he's a bloody menace. He's anti winch but most of the time a simple winch out would be much quicker and less stressful for the inexperienced tourists in rental cars that he frequently recovers. Kept watching the Channel to convince myself he couldn't get any worse... Just look at one of his recent posts of recovering a woman in a jeep with a winch that was broken so he spent an entenrity dragging it around when he could have recovered it backwards in 20seconds. Would love to troll him but easier to turn it off..

Back