Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Megacruiser

steverjuk

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Did anyone know that Toyota did a megacruiser ?

They have been out Donkeys years, I've secretly drooled over one prob for 10 years. They fetch a lot of money and I'm sure they are great but how practical? I've seen a good few you tube vids and they are quite impressive.

One of the Japanese importers was bringing these in a while ago - thread on here somewhere...

That video appeared on my feed today too - some super 40 series examples at the start, not to mention 60s and 80s too. :o:icon-cool::icon-cool:

Whilst I'm sure the Megacruiser is mega, not my cup of tea (too much like a Hummer IMHO)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hummer H2 was surprisingly user friendly drive wise no bigger than a transit van though LHD and poor build quality pissed me off , so yes i'd be happy to own a mega cruiser - if only it wasn't seriously fugly .

Another vid
, seems fair to assume its turning circle is atrocious .

For the price he was selling them it seems cheap. Not sure you could use it as a daily driver.

So the 100 series was the first Landcruiser to get IFS - errm check your facts fella. 90 series anyone?

I chased that guy from Facebook - nothing materialised

There’s a Land Cruiser specialities in Holland that has two, I believe one is for sale.

Another vid
, seems fair to assume its turning circle is atrocious .

Really weird video, that. Nothing in the majority of the clip that you wouldn't attempt in, well, anything really from a Vitara up... and the some static pics, showing deep wading (possibly). I've always liked these, but the vid is not going to sell any trucks.... hmmm

Just watched it again only full screen and correct me if i'm wrong but i'm thinking its not obvious but it is four wheel steering !

A development exercise and they sold just enough of them to pay for it perhaps ?

Back