Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Midland 78 Plus 80 Channel CB Transceiver

warrenpfo

So long as there are no objections this is the radio i have decided to go with for £75

Happy to spend less if you think i should but also plan on selling it in a years time so want something that will retain its value.

Going with a springer and mag mount.

CB arrived today...yay

Antenna and Magmount due tomorrow.

Should the CB be wired to a perm live or an ignition live??

My thought is that if you in the car and for some reason turn it off you will drop out of any conversation going on and/or miss any comms that you may need to hear. If wired to a perm live my concern is that you forget the radio on and it chews the battery.

What do most people do?

I have mine wired in through one of the extra 12v connectors i fitted in dash so i can remove it because of theft and have heard of not being allowed to have a CB when crossing borders like Morocco.

I wired to a permanent live for the very reason you stated Warren.

I have mine on a cigarette lighter plug (for now)

That's a big 10-4 :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine is wired to the ignition, so if the key is out the CB is off. My thinking being that if I am not in the LC then I not fussed about the CB. Also safeguards against a flat battery should I ever forget to switch it off....

Having said that, I do think a hand held CB would be usefull

mine is also wired to a permanent live. I think most cheap CB's forget what channel they were on and revert to ch9 or something like that if you turn the power off and on again e.g. cig socket or ign feed then you end up talking to yourself :)

Me too Jon. Goes to Ch 01 if you pull the plug so I am on a full time live feed.

Chris

The Intek 100 retains its channel nicely after an on/off :D

But I may need to move it away from the hi/lo box lever as I usually change channels when puttin it back into Hi... :doh:

Can't remember what model I have but it does remember the last station it was on so a non issue for me :cool:

Gav Peter said:
But I may need to move it away from the hi/lo box lever as I usually change channels when puttin it back into Hi... :doh:
:lol: Similarly the one I have has a lock function to prevent just that.... has three buttons on the mike, up/down/lock

Having said that it was prob about £130 all in with a aerial and mount etc... :shhh:

Back