Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners 3" kit

I can fine tune the alignment a lot better

This is what they are aimed at Beau i can't see how they will increase how much lift you can add . I was going to get them myself as they were on amazon for a short while but never got around to it because investigation about the benefits took a while .

As far as i could work out having an adjustable upper ball joint just gives some leeway allowing for either better alignment OR better clearance between the arm and spring the problem shown in the pic Chris posted . Please note Glynn or Glen whatever his name is on the Oz forum was busting CV's while he experimented , as far as i'm aware nobody on this forum has bust a collie cv yet and heaven knows i've tried :shifty::doh:

I said earlier Coops you could run the propshaft under the chassis cross member but it would give you a daft amount of lift and you would have to rebuild the front end as in lower the diff and the arm mounts . Thats not fabrication for the faint hearted and i believe even if you did it you would end up running tyres that look far too small on a truck that tall because the bodywork would deny anything over a 35 anyway .

This is the most lifted 90 series i've ever seen and i reckon its all body lift .

upload_2018-1-26_15-5-12.jpeg

upload_2018-1-26_15-4-48.jpeg

Last edited:
"as far as I'm aware nobody on this forum has bust a collie cv yet and heaven knows I've tried"

Unfortunately and a little before your time Shayne, not all the owners's of Lil Blue were quite so mechanically sympathetic as the person who built it. Oh they know who they are. One of the problems was over enthusiastic use of the ARB front locker that was fitted. The result was some pretty tortured metal if I recall. There's always a story at a Lincomb meet as I am sure you've now gathered. Of course I have to confess to properly exploding a rear diff there myself.

Could be the aforementioned Glynn had added a front locker as well , plus we know the collie front diff is not as strong as it could have been .

Well the ARB diff locker uses a new carrier which is much stronger than the original. So if anything is going to fail, it won't be the diff. Instead therefore of all the strain being placed across all of the front drive-train, it gets concentrated on the weaker bits. Like the CVs. If you are locked up, giving it the beans AND you turn the wheel too, errm, get ready.

Would think it's far better having the weak link being a CV over a diff anyway. You can always bring a spare CV and swap one out. Or worse case scenario run in 2wd.

Back