Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners 3" kit

Coops

Country Flag
great_britain
Anyone have this fitted to the kzj95?

What are people's opinions and views?

Also can you fit 285 75r16 without any issues?

Shaun

I've done 2" kits. 3" sounds a lot. Lifting the body doesn't really give that much benefit. It messes with the rear bumper, fuel tank guard, radiator system, brakes, front bumper and steering. Things that are attached to the body, lift. Thing that aren't - don't. But things that are joined to the chassis and the body can get tricky.

Thanks for that Chris,appreciate the input, but it's a suspension lift I was on about, shocks and springs that they sell as an off the shelf unit

Sorry mate. When you said Milners kit I took that to be their body lift. Well OK, in that case, I'd certainly stay away from Milners springs. I think there's a few of us that have tried them. They've been pretty awful. I am a supporter of Milner as many people know, but not all of their kit is good. I put a set of their 'uprated' springs on my SWB KZJ90 and they were appalling. So bad that they had to go back. I'd suggest looking at something like Pedders or Ironman - apparently they have improved their simply shocking finish quality.

Im sure its been discussed on here before, if i remember correctly, three inch is a bit to much on the colorado front suspension and causes problems. but i may be wrong.(it happens sometimes:lol:)

The pedders stuff is good and I've also got iron man springs on mine for the constant load, my pedders shockers are also good. Like Chris said probably stay away from milners springs they aren't the best

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pedders front springs on a Collie give a much firmer ride than standard unless you put a winch bumper and winch on, ask me how i know, I have a 2"lift and its spoilt the ride.

I've got 2 inch body lift from milners and 2 inch iron man lift kit from westcoast 4x4.
And run 285/75/16 hankook dyna pro

Only issue I had was on heavy braking whilst turning slightly the tyre would rub on the front mud guard .

So I fixed that by taking them off .

I'm about to fit 20mm spring spacers on the rear to try and bring the back up a little more

3" suspension lift at the front sounds as though it is too high. 2" is the highest you should go according to conventional wisdom

If that's the case Dave, then it's very intriguing why milners sell a 3" kit and not a 2".... Unless I'm missing something

Dave's right because beyond 2 inch the ifs CV joints can get broken because you can articulate more than they can , However you can drop the front diff about an inch hence there is a use for the 3" kit .

With ifs the best way to go up is by fitting bigger tyres so the goal is looking at how big a tyre you can make fit without fouling anything .

My swb collie is lifted about 6 inches but not compromised because a 2" suspension lift does no harm and a 2" body lift doesn't either , 33" tyres did the rest but i still had to trim inside the front arches .

It cost me a lot of buying things twice not knowing where i was going with modifications so my advice is to pick a truck from the web that looks like what you want and copy it .

The +2" Monroe kit from Roughtrax gives you a ride i imagine to be very close to what Toyota intended when they fitted the originals .

I like my Pedders because i like to feel what i'm driving on , the heavy duty rears were a mistake in my swb though i've since changed the springs to quiet things down .

Hope that helps a little Coops .

Dave's right because beyond 2 inch the ifs CV joints can get broken because you can articulate more than they can , However you can drop the front diff about an inch hence there is a use for the 3" kit .

With ifs the best way to go up is by fitting bigger tyres so the goal is looking at how big a tyre you can make fit without fouling anything .

My swb collie is lifted about 6 inches but not compromised because a 2" suspension lift does no harm and a 2" body lift doesn't either , 33" tyres did the rest but i still had to trim inside the front arches .

It cost me a lot of buying things twice not knowing where i was going with modifications so my advice is to pick a truck from the web that looks like what you want and copy it .

The +2" Monroe kit from Roughtrax gives you a ride i imagine to be very close to what Toyota intended when they fitted the originals .

I like my Pedders because i like to feel what i'm driving on , the heavy duty rears were a mistake in my swb though i've since changed the springs to quiet things down .

Hope that helps a little Coops .

I'm going 285/75/16 as 35's require re gearing the diffs. Only reason I was asking about 3" kit is because I've brought one very cheap. The diff drop kits is only two 1" thick discs of ally and two 1" longer bolts which my mate is taking care of. I was thinking about a 2" body lift too.

Big offset or wheels spacers will help , i found zero offset 16x8 touched the chassis , then swapped for 16x8 -38 which worked well (though you will likely still need to lose the mudflaps) and now i run 16x10 with a -35 offset .

OK awesome Shayne,thank you very much, I'd love to chat to you about your truck some more

No problem Coops my truck is my first car so everything that's been done to it is a compliment to the forum , i'm no mechanic i just kind of muddled through while following advice given on here so if i can point you in the right direction about anything i'd be glad to :thumbup:

I'm running 24v 80 series alloys with my 285/75/16's
As said before got hardly scrubbing .

Worth mentioning as well that the higher lift you go, the harder it'll be to get your camber/caster back in spec, unless you're also using adjustable upper control arms.

Which tyre makes all the difference too because very few are the size they claim to be , i would avoid any with a square edge .

Worth mentioning as well that the higher lift you go, the harder it'll be to get your camber/caster back in spec, unless you're also using adjustable upper control arms.

A body lift doesn't effect this .

Back