Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mission Murmansk - The Kola Peninsula Sept 2018

Lorin, we camped just after Teriberka (?) last night, after visiting a really remote abandoned village about 90k west of there, as u say fantastic off-roading, lost track of days but we have about a week more here before Norway & Finland. Those northern lights have been something else too. So far our mission Murmansk has been a resounding success.

Sounds like your having a fantastic time, can’t wait for the vids / piccys and hope you’ve not damaged them lovely stickers I made you lol

OK so we're all back alive with our 80s still running. They took a real beating at times but never let us down. We're going to put up a new thread or two including one about travelling to Russia itself and what is myth and reality from our experiences. But just to whet your appetite, you might like this shot of us going down the other side of the mountains to our camp in the sheltered valley. At time visibility was no more then the end of the bonnet, but then it cleared and we saw ahead of us. We could make a whole calendar of this stuff.

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 17.57.06.jpg

Well that sounds like a good idea Chris!
That looks great, but the poor viz must have been a bit scary though ...
Looking forward to the new threads... :thumbup:

Clive the real anxiety was that the light was going, it was very cold, windy and wet and we had no idea how much further a camp would be. We all said, Jeez, I don't want to be up here all night! I think, inhospitable would be the way to describe it.

Wow looks and sounds like a true expedition! Very inspiring.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Geko run an expedition out there and they at least have some back up to call on more locally. We had a box of tools and some spares. Trust me when I say there was NO ONE coming to our aid if we'd had an issue. It would have been a gallon of unleaded, a match and a plane home.

Geko run an expedition out there and they at least have some back up to call on more locally. We had a box of tools and some spares. Trust me when I say there was NO ONE coming to our aid if we'd had an issue. It would have been a gallon of unleaded, a match and a plane home.
Just how it should be!
When are you going again?:thumbup:

It was actually taken by Sam on his phone!!, a Samsung I think.

He has quite a few more from different encounters with the Northern Lights, in this one the silouette of the tree tops are the treetops you see in the previous 'bridge' photo

we have lots of pics & I have 90gb of go pro footage to sift through, will post when I get the chance

Andy

I've been through the truck today and have most of the spares to rebuild. Upper control arm bushes totally shagged. Rear prop needs to go away for a rebuild as the sliding joint is now a wobble joint and that's why the rear transfer seal is stuffed. PH rod bushes are toast. All ARB bushes have day light showing through them. Rear diff is still leaking where the lowest stud got snapped off. These are the initial priorities for now. The rest is just stuff to do when I've time.

Didnt know the roads around Southend were so bad!

Ha ha. Well interestingly, once I hit the M20 (which was shut) I was struck by how shite the UK roads are. Other than Russia where there weren't any roads, all of the EU roads through Norway, Finland, Germany yada yada were so much better than the pot holed crap we have to drive on here.

You back then @Chris ? Pop round for a cuppa and tell me all about it when you're free

I will mate. I'll bring pictures too.

Back