Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mission Murmansk - The Kola Peninsula Sept 2018

Tom stuck in a boggy bit, and a local Russian 'helper'who entertained Chris with his AK, sausages & whisky while we dug Tom out!

DSC_0162.JPG
DSC_0166.JPG

It was deeply embarrassing. Whilst I love all things shooting and I have bust my AK cherry now, there was work to be done and whilst everyone else was butt deep in shite, I was blowing holes in tree stumps.

There's a time and a place for these things and this was not the time.

It was deeply embarrassing. Whilst I love all things shooting and I have bust my AK cherry now, there was work to be done and whilst everyone else was butt deep in shite, I was blowing holes in tree stumps.

There's a time and a place for these things and this was not the time.

Not a problem at all Chris, was a memorable couple of hours eh!!!

DSC_0123.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very impressive pics!.. I bet the water crossings were a bit ' butt' clenching..

Wow impressive photos. Especially love that AK photo. While theres a time and a place to be helping your mates out, that time and place are not when there's a machine gun to be played with :violence-ak47::violence-ak47::violence-ak47:

I was more concerned about asbestos than radiation. Those boiler houses looked quite iffy.

Yes the chips were good. Unlike that bloody steak!

Last edited:
I've been through the truck today and have most of the spares to rebuild. Upper control arm bushes totally shagged. Rear prop needs to go away for a rebuild as the sliding joint is now a wobble joint and that's why the rear transfer seal is stuffed. PH rod bushes are toast. All ARB bushes have day light showing through them. Rear diff is still leaking where the lowest stud got snapped off. These are the initial priorities for now. The rest is just stuff to do when I've time.
Bloody hell!

I was more concerned about asbestos than radiation. Those boiler houses looked quite iffy.
Agreed, now I’ve seen the photo. Hopefully it was all damp in there. Was it some sort of factory to be running steam boilers?

Back