Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mission Murmansk - The Kola Peninsula Sept 2018

5F74D132-0C9F-4115-A502-568A371F2195.jpeg
Removing front ARB in said workshop, brackets torn from axle!
Out the back was a store room with new (rusty) parts ie valves, bearings etc on the shelves still in the remains of their packaging

View attachment 149876 Removing front ARB in said workshop, brackets torn from axle!
Out the back was a store room with new (rusty) parts ie valves, bearings etc on the shelves still in the remains of their packaging

I might have said before, the design of the 80's front ARB axle mounts leave a lot to be desired...

I got up as well ....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Were the mosquitoes not too bad going late on in the year?

We had one pitch early on where on the shore they were murder. It was the only time we put our nets on. Very few bites at all and they were as bad as the buggers up in Scotland

Must be great to live in a country where you can just disappear into the wilderness for days on end. Makes you realise just how small and over crowded the our small island is.

great trip.
What did you guys used for navigation ? printed maps or some kind of app ?

hot damn - I am absolutely s0dding envious of you lot.... that looks like a proper off road experience... that trip gives you guys 'top beer bragging rights' at the next Linwood meeting...

great trip.
What did you guys used for navigation ? printed maps or some kind of app ?

suitable Paper maps are just not available here, Europe or even anywhere in Russia we went.
We did manage to get some excellent digital soviet military maps beforehand, even though these were from the 30’s, 40’s & 50’s they were extremely accurate, showing contours, buildings, settlements & tracks etc.
All these places were still in existence even though many many places had been abandoned, tracks overgrown etc etc.
We had them on tablets & toughboks for ‘live’ gps tracking using ozi explorer & q.v. mapping software showing our exact tracks, I have also put them on G Earth since coming home to get a better picture, although quite a few areas are Blurred out on GE

Well, absolutely crackin fellas. Well done. This is pretty much my perfect trip..
Sounds like the 80 stepped up as usual?

Back