Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mongoose Entertainment System factory reset

Andreas

Country Flag
norway
Hi,

I've got a Mongoose entertainment system (with sat nav) in my 06 Prado GXL. It seems to be the one fitted by the factory but I am not able to find the actual model (. It's got some touch screen issues (sometimes does selections on it's own), it doesn't store my settings for long, radio reception is crap and in general it is slow and buggy. Anyone else experience this? I don't have the manual for it, and the Mongoose models I find online are newer or different.

I want to do a full factory reset, just to get a clean start and work from there. I can post an image of the unit if necessary, but the closest one I've found online is the Mongoose Q222 (can't post a link, need 15 posts first)

Mongoose look to be an Australian aftermarket audio company, so it's perhaps less likely to be a factory-fitted unit but they do seem to do Toyota specific accessories.

I don't think a reset is going to solve your problems, unfortunately - it'll clear all the settings back to standard but the problems you're describing sound more terminal and deep rooted.

Yep, could be the case but I test drove a Prado where the manual for the Mongoose unit was there and from memory it had the Toyota logo as well. Thought maybe that was an option from the factory here in Australia. I will contact Mongoose directly and ask them.

Cheers!

It's usually relatively easy to load in a startup logo - I had the Mercedes one on my Kenwood when it was in my E-class.

May be a dealer option - they do seem to do a lot of integration items.

Back