More power ??

Mark 64 Sep 24, 2017

1. Mark 64

Mark 64 New Member I am in australia

Map
    Hi Guy's
    I have a 1HDFTE 100 series Automatic 2006 Landcruiser and I was wondering if I could get any more power / fuel economy from it as I have already done a bit to it.

DP Chip
    Stainless Beaudesert exhaust
    Snorkel
    Block off the EGR valve
    Converted it from constant 4x4 to part time 4x4
    E/Locker in the rear
    Front diff drop kit
    Running on 17" rims

I was getting around 920kms out of the stand fuel tanks and I am get around 1150kms after the mods.
    Is there any more bolt type mods I can do to achieve better economy / power ??

Mark 64

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. nick_the_fish

nick_the_fish Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Map
    Hey Mark,

Free wheeling hubs might give you better fuel economy - although i'm not sure how much of a difference it actually makes???? (unless thats what you mean by the conversion from constant 4x4 to part time 4x4)

N

3. Beau

Beau Well-Known Member I am in guyana

Map
    You've done a lot already. How about an upgraded intercooler?

4. chapel gate

chapel gate Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map
    G turbo.

5. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    I don't know much about your truck but i reckon these guys have forgotten more than most ever knew about squeezing more power out of stuff http://www.kaiapoirepowers.co.nz/

6. Mark 64

Mark 64 New Member I am in australia

Map
    Hi N
    I have already done all of these mods and I am getting roughly 200 kms per full up

Beau
    What sort of gains will I get from putting a upgraded inter cooler ?

Mark 64

7. Shayne

Map
    I don't imagine a larger intercooler can add much but i can see a huge potential for upgrade injectors especially if you can have your chip retuned to match .

More fuel allows for more boost = power but i don't know if your boost was limited by Toyota with a safety fuel cut off like mine and Beaus truck ?

8. Shayne

Map
    A quick look says you have a purely mechanical turbo so simply sticking a couple of washers between the turbo actuator and its mount delaying the wastegate opening until you reach a higher boost pressure should give you instant and cheap results .

A boost controller is the fancy way to do it , again i have no idea about your truck but 14psi is the limit Toyota set for the 3.0L 1KZ-TE , factory settings have sometimes been found to be near half that .

9. Beau

Beau Well-Known Member I am in guyana

Map
    Well a better, thicker and better flowing IC will yield lower inlet temps, thus your turbo doesn't have to work as hard, and the same applies for the engine. Play with your DP chip afterwards to fine tune for optimal results.

If you have the money to burn, you could also look into lighter, possibly fully forged rims. Will be expensive but will save you some weight. Check your tire pressures too.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter