Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Its going to be sunny, and you'll look cooler wearing them?

That's really helpful thanks Mark. Here was me thinking you'd post some stupid response like the make, price, source etc. What was I thinking?

Oh you want real facts? how strange

Oakley Valve Prizm Deep Water Polarised £136 from rxsport.co.uk

You see, I just knew you couldn't be sensible. £136. Ha ha. No really, how much were they?

worth every penny, always have oakleys as I take comfort in the fact that if someone shoots me in the face with a shotgun they'll stop me going blind

I hate to ask if you've ever seen the effect of a shotgun? Going blind will be the last of your worries. Having a head to put you eyes in is going to be the problem.

We did some trials on the range and actually quite a few glasses did resist penetration from most shotgun pellets. We just struggled to find anything we could attach them to that wouldn't disintegrate. In the end we used a telegraph pole.
So as long as your head and neck are as thick and as strong as a telewag pole you'll be fine!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lol. Love my Oakleys - 2 pairs of half jackets going with me :)

So as long as your head and neck are as thick and as strong as a telewag pole you'll be fine!

Hey you should have said you were born in Derbyshire!

You all should have received an email from me tonight, if not let me know we have 2 important items to resolve and it includes the gps file of the route
Got email from you. Will reply later on tonight.
By the way...about the decal signs did you guys decide what size you want? Let me know. I'll be going to print shop ot tuesday Aug 18th. I' ll try to put some pics of T-shirt models they offer. I'm not in BG 'till monday Aug 17th, so not much I can do till then.
Cheers!

That's 500mm ion my screen which I'd have said would be about right. 6" is tiny. I wouldn't bother at that. My wife agrees.

Maybe 450mm at least

Are you trying to hide something behind the sticker?

I reckon 300mm max for me which is about A3 landscape length

I'll make two 500x300mm(approx) for Chris.Does anyone else want that size? The rest will be 300x180mm.How's that? I'm also thinking about smaller stickers. 150x80mm. for window corner or some other place to put on...Colours? 1)Black on clear background and 2) White, it has to be white vinyl with any colour contour line. The printing machines do not have white colour so it has to be on white material(vinyl).

I don't have any big dents or broken windows to cover up so the smaller ones are fine.

Blue on white would be good for me :) as well as black on clear.

Can they be done inverted so you stick them on the inside of the window then peel off the backing?? In which case white on clear would be nice unless we can get just white that sticks (if you know what I mean).

Last edited:
George, I'll just go with whatever everyone else is having. Don't make mine a special size. This hasn't turned out quite as I'd originally planned, I'll run with the crowd. I wasn't suggesting stickers; I proposed decals. Essentially the camel etc would be the printed bit which would peel off and go onto the body. There wouldn't be any backing, just all the detail of the image like the Landcruiserclub.net decals. The background would therefore be the colour of your truck. You'd print white to go on a black window and black to go on a silver truck etc. If I read you right, these will actually be square patches?

Happy with a couple of the large ones and same of the small ones all to go external please. Black on clear would be my preference then they'd look like the cut out vinyl I had in mind. You know if I didn't have the bonnet cover on, one huge one of those would look awesome across the bonnet

Getting so close now I can feel the sand in my teeth.

George, I'll just go with whatever everyone else is having. Don't make mine a special size.

You'll get larger ones. Thats nothing special really. The widest they can get is 45cm. So yours will be 45cm. wide :)

This hasn't turned out quite as I'd originally planned,... I wasn't suggesting stickers; I proposed decals.

I know! We have discussed that awhile ago and I've checked with the guys making such things. Thats possible but will turn out such a pain in the backside. Take a look at the camel - fir...hair...curves etc.and they're so small and tiny. You can get what you want but will be impossible to install without deforming the image. And again - you can have it if you wish:thumbup: Thats additional few words and 20 to 30 more seconds at the printshop.

Essentially the camel etc would be the printed bit which would peel off and go onto the body. There wouldn't be any backing, just all the detail of the image like the Landcruiserclub.net decals. The background would therefore be the colour of your truck. You'd print white to go on a black window and black to go on a silver truck etc.

Thats good idea Chris..passing the suggestion via email.

If I read you right, these will actually be square patches?

Almost, streched a bit squares to rectangular.

Happy with a couple of the large ones and same of the small ones all to go external please.

Got the info.

Black on clear would be my preference then they'd look like the cut out vinyl I had in mind.

Thats what I was thinking.

Getting so close now I can feel the sand in my teeth.
Tell me about it!

I'm leaving next month ( Sept. 27th):banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance::auto-driving::music-rockon::music-rockon::happy-cheerleaders::happy-cheerleaders::happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk::character-beavisbu::character-beavisbu:...

Lets talk about equipment and spares a bit? My idea is to optimize stuff, example: do we need 7 or 8 hi jacks? Meaning do we all have to carry jacks? What tire size we have? Mine are 295/75/16. I'm tempted to carry two spares but I would love to leave one at home.Alternator? We (with the 80s) have the same alternators. I have a spare one I can take with me and leave the hi jack at home.You get my idea...

Back