Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MOT Time and some news

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Straight through, no issues or advisories :thumbup:

Heard some news though.............

The tester is also a VOSA officer and informs me that ALL vehicles will have to have a current MOT soon and it will be an offence to not have it tested even if sorn, you should be advised of this on your next test. It was actually tried some time ago which is why the sticker appeared on your certificate, due to data protection issues it could not be enforced as Siemens (who will be checking) could not access the data but this will change over the next year.

What is also coming in is new rules on trailers. Not going into all the Tacho laws, but if you use your cruiser for work and it has a tow bar (which is an intent to use) you will have to have a tacho as you have the ability to be over the 3.5 ton train weight (7.5 for private as before) where one is required for professional use over 30 miles from your place of business, of course you only have to take the ball off and you are ok. Receiver hitches will also allow you to escape the regs.
This is only checkable by a VOSA inspection.

Really dont like the sound of all that paul one bit. I personally think its crazy if they do. How can they enforce someone to use a tacho if they pull a tralier once a month. Or use a trailer to move there off road truck etc etc.

Madness :thumbdown:

Karl

You are still alright for private use i think, as being over 7.5 tons is a whole different thing from a legal point of view.

Thing is paul, the law you talk about has always been in. I really should have a tacho when useing my builders van and trailer.

I also drag trucks back that i have brought. They are all personal trucks though obviously :liar:

May be a little harder than before by the sounds of it.

I wonder if the people who havnt even got a license will be bothered :think:

Karl

karl webster said:
Thing is paul, the law you talk about has always been in. I really should have a tacho when useing my builders van and trailer.
Karl

No you do not need a taco for that. You will also not need one for bringing Cruiser for breaking (as they are yours). But if you move anything else on a trailer and get paid for moving it then you do need one. As you only need a tacko for "hire or reward". This is why electricy boards, and the like, do not have to have tacos for towing diggers.

Paul

Paul_Humphreys said:
[quote="karl webster":2vokha4v]Thing is paul, the law you talk about has always been in. I really should have a tacho when useing my builders van and trailer.
Karl

No you do not need a taco for that. You will also not need one for bringing Cruiser for breaking (as they are yours). But if you move anything else on a trailer and get paid for moving it then you do need one. As you only need a tacko for "hire or reward". This is why electricy boards, and the like, do not have to have tacos for towing diggers.

Paul[/quote:2vokha4v]

Hi paul h

I was always under the impression that if you had a trailer on and its on for part of your business ie i deal in cruisers etc then its law to have a tacho?

Karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No, it is all to do with "hire and reward". If you look at most transits that do road works, they all have tow bars and none have Tacos.

They big thing you need to watch out for is a Waste transfer licence (unles you have one).

Paul

Nice one paul. I have looked into one aa few years ago.Its only 160 quid for three years .

karl webster said:
Nice one paul. I have looked into one aa few years ago.Its only 160 quid for three years .

Just remember to say "Sorry officer I am taking it home to repair" then it is not scrap till you say so ;)

Paul

They normally leave me alone when im loaded with scrap. Prob because there scared to death that i may be a gypo :lol:

I thought the range from base was 100km(62miles) before tacho was mandatory?

Paul said:
Heard some news though.............

The tester is also a VOSA officer and informs me that ALL vehicles will have to have a current MOT soon and it will be an offence to not have it tested even if sorn
So how do I MOT the 3 SORNed motorbikes I have in various states of (dis)repair?

Its all a load of sxxt paul (Bat)

Maybe there will be yet another thing we all have to comply with or we get yet again mores fines. Similar to sorn regarding tax

Karl

I'm going back there soon so i will confirm some facts as like most things there is room for error, will get some mot refs so can check as VOSA station is nearly next to where i work.

Back