Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MOT time for the Cruiser...

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I hate MOT day..

last year it failed on seized links where the handbrake cable attaches to the assembly on back of hub = clevis pins.

i have used the handbrake this year, and last weekend on my pre-MOT checks - they were seized again so obviously they don't need to move side-side anyway!
- 2mins with pliers and WD40 and they were free again.

Only thing I am concerned with this year is a bit of movement in steering rack - we shall see.

fingers X

Good luck... hope it gets through :pray:

Hopefully going for mine on Monday. First one for 8 years. Clevis pins are fine. Just hope the rest checks out ok.

Best of luck Andy. You should be fine. Not much to fail on those.

Chris

havent heard from Garage - so checked status of MOT online on DVLA (dont like making the dreaded phone call)
and its a PASS :dance: :clap: :thumbup:

two advisorys - I only changed the front pipes 15 months ago!

Advisory Notice issued

Offside Front at hose end Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Offside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

right on my bicycle down to the road to collect the well behaved beast!

Good luck with yours on Monday Chris - you have a much harder starting point than I!

turns out it was a different section of the front brake, the sections between flexihose and master cylinder, bit corrosion near chassis rail
i replaced section between caliper and flexihose

its ITV(inspecion technical de veculos) time for me next week.The usual handbrake shenanigans revealed a weeping drive shaft seal & 3 days later i'm still waiting for it - roughtrax or milner don't usually take this long :angry-banghead:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back