Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Motor insurance

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
My Tesco car insurance has just gone up from £350 PA fully comp to £470 which is a jump of over 25% they sad they can price match but when I've been on comp the meerkat etc, I've only had 3 who will insure me, poss to do with 3 points, one no fault accident and 3 year restriction on my license due to my diabetes, also I declared the body lift and SL. Adrian flux are mailing me back, but is there anyone else out there who give good but cheap cover ??

Nick.

Could try Chris Knott ins 08009172274, got mine for £255 & iv'e got three points.

I use 2gfs for the lexus and LC at the moment. used to use them for all my cars but they were over £300 over on the M6 and couldn't budge. I think the house insurance is with them too.

The Beemer was cheapest with AFlux.

NFU are popular too

There is another one, Noel Dazey or something like that, often cheaper, but don't do no claims bonus so if you use them for more than a year, you loose any NCB you have collected.

Thanks for the info, 2gether are mailing me back, but managed to find one at £450 from Admiral, so hopefully Tesco will match that one and I may even get staff discount too plus those all important clubcard points !

Nick.

The minute I said that I had modified my vehicle by fitting a sun visor and a caravan club sticker most of the High Street insurers simply wouldn't touch it. flux don't seem to mind what you've done as long as you tell them. Not super fantastic cheap - but they WILL insure you.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm with happy Adrian Flux, but not too happy, I got a quote from them earlier last year for £430 something, then when I went with them in September after having an accident which had been covered by my previous insurers (renewal £1860 :o ) they then quoted me £660 something.
Now I can understand your existing company wanting to recover their loss but why should that affect your next companies quote, I accepted their quote because they were one of the very few who would agree to the mods I have,

When I had my series 3 LR Flux insured it with no issues at all, and there was nothing std on that, all they wanted was photos mailing in.

Nick.

Cossack said:
Now I can understand your existing company wanting to recover their loss but why should that affect your next companies quote, I accepted their quote because they were one of the very few who would agree to the mods I have,
Statisticly your previous claims history means you're more likely to cost them money than someone who hasn't recently driven through a wall :mrgreen:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Cossack said:
Statisticly your previous claims history means you're more likely to cost them money than someone who hasn't recently driven through a wall :mrgreen:
So they want to recover their losses before they've made any :confusion-confused:

Quite common in these cases Chas.

It's technically termed as taking Preemptive Insurance Stress Support

OK come on you can finish the joke yourselves.....

Chris

Chris said:
Quite common in these cases Chas. It's technically termed as taking Preemptive Insurance Stress Support
OK come on you can finish the joke yourselves.....Chris
Or to put it another way;
Forward Limiting of Exceptional Eventualities Concerning Individuals No-claim Grants

Your 3 points will not affect your insurance quote. Insurance companies generally allow 3-6 points before loading your premium. Its a possability that your diabetes will count against you but you are covered under the disabilities discrimination act so the worst they can do is not quote. My missus has type 1 diabetes (has to renew licence every 3 years), she has had 5 accidents in 2 years and only held a licence for 4 years and she still gets quoted on both my MK4 Hilux and my Landcruiser. Its more likely your modifications that are stopping the insurance companies from quoting. I'm covered by Adrian Flux on the cruiser and its less than £400 and thats comprehensive for me and the missus including type 1 business use. The hilux is just over £300 for the same cover through NFU.

You could try some of these price comparison sites but take time to check the terms of the insurance and the details held for you. We got some fantastic quotes through these sites but after contacting them to start the insurance policy we found that we weren't covered for certain things, the information we had sent them had not been recorded properly and the price was only valid if we paid in full, there was sometimes upto 50% loading for paying in installments. :evil:

Got it all sorted ! Adrian Flux were £200 out on their best quote, went back to Tesco and told them the best quote on line was £450 from admiral so they've agrred to do it for £412 which includes my 10% staff discount, also they're sending me a £30 gift voucher for the inconvenience :clap:

Nick.

Hi All

Maybe it is time the club went looking for 1 or 2 insurance companies that will look favourable on modified LC's
I am sure with over 650 members all needing insurance the there is some business for someone out there.

I understand that all peoples criteria is different but come on we are not a bunch of boy racers, just safe drivers looking for a fair deal.

Maybe one for Admin here ??

Malcolm
:flags-wavegreatbritain:

I have just sorted out deal with a couple of insurance companies for HPOC.

One that I can recommend dealing with is Adrian Flux who are big on the club scene. Contact Craig Darwin who is the Club Liaison Manager, he will be able to sort you out as he is most helpful.

Ecoman said:
I have just sorted out deal with a couple of insurance companies for HPOC.

One that I can recommend dealing with is Adrian Flux who are big on the club scene. Contact Craig Darwin who is the Club Liaison Manager, he will be able to sort you out as he is most helpful.

Well done that man. :text-bravo:
I feel cheaper insurance already !!!!!! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Whats the HPOC ?????

Mal

Adrian Flux said that the insurance is higher due to the LC being higher risk because of the amount of claims they've had on them :o

Nick.

BIG clean GREEN said:
Adrian Flux said that the insurance is higher due to the LC being higher risk because of the amount of claims they've had on them :o

Nick.
When I questioned them at a show last year, they said that because landcruisers are such large vehicles people tend to bash them alot. Low speed parking and manoeuvring that sort of thing, they tend not to have large accidents, just lots of small claims, but unfortunately lots!

Back