Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mounting an Engel/Waeco Fridge

mettisse

Supporter
ive had Engels for best part of 16 years now, ( on the second one now) the original I bought was second hand, it came mounted on a 6 Spring suspension board, ( marine ply I think) so it has its own mini suspension, it has only an inch or two movement and looks a bit wobbly , it makes the unit about 3 inches taller, (40 litre) I love it, but is it something that the previous owner has made, never seen another, anyone else know anything?
At the moment I have it bolted ( the marine ply bit) to a waeco slide, works well, it's just that if we camped for a day or two I would like the facility of being able to leave the fridge at the camp, and where it is fitted it's not easy to get to for removal.
one way I thought was to copy how some batteries are mounted, with an angled shape at the rear fitting into a angle to locate, and using the angles bracket at the front to secure, sorry if this is a bad description, but it would mean easy removal. What I would like to know is an easier way to do this before I get the tools out?
Also any recommendations on battery management, I have a dedicated battery for the fridge and Im not really happy with the Heath Robinson setup I have at the mo.
Thanks in advance for your help.
best regards to all, Bill Westley

I'm making a fridge slide for mine, just a copy of a generic item. Going to hold the fridge in place using straps. Easy to remove it from the slide but still secure.
Just need to order some drawer runners and spring bolts.

I just run a split charge using a durite relay for my set up. Nothing fancy but it works for me.

I'm making a fridge slide for mine, just a copy of a generic item. Going to hold the fridge in place using straps. Easy to remove it from the slide but still secure.
Just need to order some drawer runners and spring bolts.

I just run a split charge using a durite relay for my set up. Nothing fancy but it works for me.

I had my eye on the Durite unit, are they easy to wire in? If so might go ahead and get one now, thanks, as for the straps it would stop the " suspension" working on the bottom of the fridge, I need a quick release system for ply base. I bought a Waeco slider a few years ago now for far too much money, however, it is very robust and been very reliable, but I think one could be made to be its equal or better. Thanks for your comments, Bill Westley

Had a look at the 'proper' slides but they're as much as or more than my fridge cost. Pair of runners and some steel is much cheaper.

The durite is very easy to wire up. Battery cable in, battery cable out and a small earth wire.
You can get systems that offer full battery management, ctek etc but it all depends what you want from it.

Back