Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my beloved lj70

Just watched videos now mate looks good there.

Did u I have front and rear diff lock on your truck when you went there??

Isit a competition there or just like a pay and play day??

hmm.............strange! There working fine for me. :?

Anyone else having problems playing them? :think:

Hey Ben, thanks for posting them up again!

Good to see LJ in action, won't be long before it's up and running again!:thumbup:

PS no probs with the vids...

Last edited:
Smart looking truck ! Especially the front bumper looks really well on it !
I have a 90 bumper on mine, not a tubular one like yours though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402609340.049055.jpg

Hi Shaun thanks for that.

i like you truck mate looks very clean on pic did you have to shorten your bumper aswell then??

Where re did you get roof rack from or home made?

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Craig, I do try and keep it clean within reason as it does get used what it was built for.

No not at all and it more or less fitted straight on once I lifted the body 2 inches.

The roof rack used to be on an 80 series of my mates and is an aiba works it's made from aluminium and stainless steel.

Hi Craig. Very nice looking truck!

Would you be able to post up a beginners guide to painting with 2k? Something that explains prep, primer, mixing paint, applying paint, what is 2pac epoxy and poly, etc..?

I want to paint my truck in 2k on top, and still not decided on what to do under yet. I've bought a needle scaler to get the rust off and will probably apply a coat of Penetrol, but not sure what to put over the Penetrol? I'm also wondering if I should have the bullbar powder coated or if there are very tough paints available that I can apply myself? That submarine paint sounds interesting.

What bonnet scoop is on yours? looks good, the blue looks good

Would you be able to post up a beginners guide to painting with 2k? Something that explains prep, primer, mixing paint, applying paint, what is 2pac epoxy and poly, etc..?

I want to paint my truck in 2k on top, and still not decided on what to do under yet. I've bought a needle scaler to get the rust off and will probably apply a coat of Penetrol, but not sure what to put over the Penetrol? I'm also wondering if I should have the bullbar powder coated or if there are very tough paints available that I can apply myself? That submarine paint sounds interesting.

Wel 2k is like base coat and clear but is just a single application with a 2k activator
2pack poly is an industrial product which is thicker and more durable usually a 5 to one mix with one thinners and 1 n half.
the submarine paint I used is an epoxy with is like spray on atal site hard as nails as has to be for the mod , stays in the sea for 5years then comes out to be refurbed good stuff but has to go on a blasted surface with no primers.

Well ill personally if powder coat any bull bars winch bumpers things like that as it is very tough and no matter what u use it will eventually wear through in time. Personal preference is to get them blasted and zinc sprayed before powdering. Not zinc out of a can either. I mean flame spayed zinc done with oxyacetylene. U can just have that on bare metal and will nether rust. Lol

Right the been a while but made another upgrade but dint do any pics really as only had a day and a half todo it...

Brought this off eBay the other week

oh yes 1kzt it is

been looking for ages now

We'll after a slight struggle with the wiring I started at 6pm with my dad got the 2.4 out by 8pm

1kzt was in and bolted up by 12 after changing bell housing and working out engine mounts decided to use 4mm plate instead.

by 3am she was alive and sounded gorgeous!!

Radiator I was going to use a 4runner one but changed mind and decided to use my original 2.4 rad bug get it altered like fit a rad cap and expansion pipe, also move bottom hose fitting to opposite side so took it to local radiator workshop Friday I should have it back Tuesday along with a new matrix which I took out to replace as it's all blocked up and never had any heating since I've owned it so should be like new truck when it's done!!

Back