Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My latest addition.

I don't know what to say really. Thanks guys. Everything is all a whirlwind and confusion.

I'm not sure what I can add to the above except some mundane advice.try to eat & sleep when you can.accept offers of help from friends and family members.you wife & daughter need you in one piece fully functional.all my best wishes to Evelyn & you & your wife.

20160921_185653_zpsvslhaedr.jpg
She's undergoing cooling therapy.

Only just seen this - my thoughts are with you and yours Ed. I'm sure everything will sort itself out soon and wishing Evelyn a full and speedy recovery .

Congratulations on becoming a father to a beautiful baby daughter - Evelyn's a lovely name too!

All the best mate.

Me and my close family have been with NHS for serious illnesses over the last few years. If it's a crumb of comfort the staff err very much on the pessimistic side. My wife was told she had less than 30% chance of survival 10 years ago and not long later I got the impression I was only going to last a few years. Recently my daughter was told to expect a miscarriage. We are still all perfectly healthy. So good luck they've probably given worst case.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just seen this thread.
Congratulations on becoming a father.
Evelyne is a lovely name indeed.
Keep strong the three of you.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Just seen this ED, all the above and with a bit of luck and the NHS expertise it'll all come right.

Thoughts are with you all.

Andy and Maria.

Ed,

Congratulations on the new arrival. She looks beautiful!

We all need a bit of help every now and again, some just need it earlier. Our little one spent time in NICU as well. We come home with a few complications, but over the years she had been growing up and out of all the niggles from those early days. And as the guys would have seen over the last two days at the AoShow, she is quite a handfull.

The one thing I would say is just to reenforce what GoolOlBoy said earlier, accept all help and make sure you look after yourselves as best as you can. The Bristol neo natal and post natal units are amongst the best in the country - they are already looking after little Evelyn.

Best wishes and very optimistic prayers,

Once again, thanks guys. So they've been warming her back up overnight and during today, lowered her morphine levels and she's doing OK!

She's a little sod though and keeps trying to remove all the sensors.

Doctors are optimistic but won't say much more until she's had a scan at the end of the week.

I'll be sure to update you all in between sleeping, looking after Mrs D and driving.

Ed, that's great news! You and your new family have been in my thoughts since seeing this thread. Evelyn looks strong and a fighter in the picture so I'm glad to hear that she's repsonding well to treatment, and causing you guys grief pulling off the sensors. All encouraging news. She looks like she's got your hair!!

We'll keep routing for you guys, and hopefully soon you'll be taking the very scary step of bring home your firstborn.

Take care of yourselves, you both have been through a very tough ordeal.

Still keeping everything crossed here.

Good to have a bit of good new happiness for all thanks for the good news from Tony.

Superb!! She's a cutie, definitely has your hair. All the best.

She looks like a good size and engaging with you. Nice!

Well done everyone involved.

Encouraging news. :) Still got everything crossed for you. Looking good though as KB said.

She is a cutie.
She does have your hair…fortunately not on her chin so there's something else to celebrate. :)

Yay ! Great news, looks like young Evelyn has got quite a grip there, she’s a little beauty !

Back