• No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Olazz - i think we have met.....100 yrs ago at Natal University?
Anyway we have the same rooftop tent (at least from your stuck in the mud picture!)

another option to consider wrt the self-extraction possibilities of the new truck: A length of chain and some long ground pegs to form an anchor point (old anti recoil trick used by old field cannons)
or a good pair of spectacles to see the obstacle before getting stuck......(running for cover...)
rgds

Could well have done, I've met many people in many places !!!:think:

Moved on from that Hanibal clamshell to a Bundutop etectric... So, so much better, but quite and ugly thing!

Ja, Ja, didn't see the quicksand bog for sure. Still would be there if that couple hadn't rescued us from the mob !

Finally got a report form the body shop today. The truck is back from the sand-blasters and has been stripped and ready for initial painting. I'll try loading some pics here...again, but if they don't load, I will just continue this build blog on - www.derfstravels.com -

Life's too short to waste fighting the system.

Nice write up.

What is it like to drive?

Is it as much fun as I think?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bet it's amazing fun to drive.

A truck that has to be limited to 200kph has to be a giggle.

I was interested in you saying it had to be limited to 88kph on the road.

Kidney belts mandatory and full race helmet and head holding thingymabob at that speed over rough terrain I would guess.

Might be a bit ‘Top Gear’ opening the back up if you do that when all the crockery is stowed in the new accommodation though Lazz.

Kidney belts mandatory and full race helmet and head holding thingymabob at that speed over rough terrain I would guess.

Might be a bit ‘Top Gear’ opening the back up if you do that when all the crockery is stowed in the new accommodation though Lazz.

The reality is, the truck was built to go flat-out over rough terrain, so suspension is set up to cope with this; it's going to be great over washboards. I test drove it off road and at slow speeds it is shockingly bad, (rock hard and uncomfortable) but at speed, it was a whole different ball game. The truck floated along at 100kph. I hadn't factored that in initially, but have had to design the build around those parameters now. You're right about the crockery though! Going to have to get that properly sorted.

I was interested in you saying it had to be limited to 88kph on the road.

It doesn't have to be limited to 88, but for the rally guys, they are pretty strict on transit speeds, between stages so the truck has a 3-stage switch that allows 50 village, 88 road, and a full flat-out mode for offroad.

The current state of the truck after return from the sand-blasters, to the body shop. Truck stripped, before full rust and galvanic corrosion prevention, then full bare metal repaint with loads of new shiny bits. A shadow of its former glory racing days.

IMG_2003.jpg

Morning Olaz, I am interested in your thoughts on installing a new box as opposed to utilizing the original one?
Weight? The number of modifications required?
Excellent project in any case:)

Morning Olaz, I am interested in your thoughts on installing a new box as opposed to utilizing the original one?
Weight? The number of modifications required?
Excellent project in any case:)

Many factors, you'll have to read the build blog.

plus, what transpired with the Drivers Arm rest/cooler box ?

?? What arm rest/ cooler box??

one of us is loosing it...:)
5962.jpg

OlazzWell-Known Member
zimbabwe.gif

Map
Guys,

I need some inspirational ideas for a drivers seat arm rest for the truck.

All ideas welcome regardless how bizarre, as I can get a buddy to fabricate almost anything out of metal.
should be removable when needed, or at least moveable.

Any budding designers/engineers out there??

Ta

www.derfstravels.com

Don't get me wrong. I'd.love one in the cruiser but I've never felt the need for an armrest in my lorry. Ok i never do a million miles. I just lean on the door and steer with my left hand.
When I had a manual just rested my hand on the gear stick and steered with my right. Sorry that's not at all helpful!

one of us is loosing it...:)
View attachment 145984
OlazzWell-Known MemberView attachment 145985
Map
Guys,

I need some inspirational ideas for a drivers seat arm rest for the truck.

All ideas welcome regardless how bizarre, as I can get a buddy to fabricate almost anything out of metal.
should be removable when needed, or at least moveable.

Any budding designers/engineers out there??

Ta

www.derfstravels.com

Christ Rob, that was from a post I made for my 80 series, way back in Jan 2012 and not this build :doh:!! I think you're losing it boet.:lol:

Back