Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Rob,

Won't need armrests in truck as the seats have built in armrests. Will also have a 30l fridge in the cab behind seats as there is loads of room in this thing.

No Rob,

Won't need armrests in truck as the seats have built in armrests. Will also have a 30l fridge in the cab behind seats as there is loads of room in this thing.

By the standard of the build of this monster, I think Olazz will simply press a button when he wants room service...

Yes but remember I'm not coming with you Lazz.

Yes but remember I'm not coming with you Lazz.

Sir, I think you have forgotten that you reserved the first seat.

Now I never took you for a welcher !!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks to all for your suggestions on colour choice. It wasn't easy to decide. I didn't want military green, but a colour that would blend into the dusk/night/dawn and not stand out too much in remote areas.

Finally settled on a Grey palette, but had a few issues with the colours compared to the swatches.

Colour finally on after first horror!

IMG_2070.jpg

I've updated the build page on my blog, lots more pics etc.

HERE

Still having issues with this site uploading random pics .

Last edited:
Looking fantastic. Hey we still need a date for me to come and do your axle.

Funnily enough CJ, Prolinx called yesterday and they have finally finished the shock rebuild; taken 6 weeks, so shocks in post to me yesterday and I should have them by weekend.

I need to buy all the bits so I'll give you a call later to have a chat.

Result. Busy till 15.00 today - on a business course for two days.

Where did you land on the habitation box construction in the end Lazz?

Where did you land on the habitation box construction in the end Lazz?

There are a number of different companies suppling bits for the box Dave. Electrics, panels, windows, doors hatches, all different companies. I want to have a lot of input and get involved in the build so I know what goes where and how to fix it when it fails.

There are three companies in the beauty parade at present. All will build a bespoke box to my design and allow me to be involved in the process.

Truck is still in prep, so will make a final decision shortly.

Completely agree with the idea of understanding the build and inputting to it, Lazz, not least for future reference and potential changes, refinement or whatever. Still debating what to do re a bigger build, so be interested to see how you go. We've been pondering building up a MAN 8xxx series. Cheers.

To Sticker or not?​

Guys, shall I reapply the rally stickers or not?
I would like to retain some of the truck's race heritage, but undecided if I should reapply the decals. Please can you cast your vote and let me know what you think.

Lekker one thanks

Laz
IMG_2099.jpg

A discrete one or maybe two somewhere might be my choice but I think that would be in the loo perhaps?

For me it has a new life. A discrete nod to its old life is good but IMO more so is keeping it a secret from those on the outside.

Last edited:
Please don't put the DAKAR bandaged man sticker on it, that’s all I ask...

A bespoke one might be nice, maybe, in memory/homage.

But I can’t think of anything clever ATM...

Cab rear side window - small badges of honour...probably want to continue the tradition with visited country flags?

I'd have something made up like we saw in Bad. There was that truck remember that had been at the Normandy landings and through the war until today. They had a sort of potted history in an A3 sticker. 'This truck was originally built XXX and competed in XXXX" sort of thing. A homage.

As others have said a nod to it's former life would be good.

It's got a new life ahead and a new purpose

Back