Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My overland camper trailer

these are mine but still work in progress, got to cut them back a bit but will do that when i get back

WP_20150801_20_27_00_Pro.jpg

Looks very professional RR :eusa-clap: mines a trial and error first attempt at anything of the sort and will probably end up looking like a war zone refugee but i kinda like that look :icon-evil:

my mate did the work i paid for the metal and pass the tools

this is own first one as well but we have spent a lot of time just working out how to do it

take your time it will get there one day, remember you are the one who build it not a company

Good prototype there Shayne. I especially like how the wheels fit. [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Don't worry, you'll use it this time, note all the bits you don't like or that don't work well and then craft mark 2. Which will be awesome!!! You'll be on version 5 in no time[emoji6][emoji6][emoji3][emoji3]

There isn't a company that makes what i hope to end up with and i am enjoying making it , i might even learn to weld by the time i'm finished !

Blame it on the seagulls Shayne…just don't set fire to it just before your trip!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was thinking it looks rather good Shayne, side steps as well for climbing....:thumbup:

Thanks Clive it looks a lot better now with some filler welding and a once over with a sanding disk , temptation was there to make it perfect with a bit of car body filler but alas the clocks ticking and it may not even get an undercoat before being painted . The other side will be done tomorrow which leaves me with just a few small jobs on the absolutely necessary list to do .

Test run went well so phase one complete :dance: .......... :shifty: Phew !!!

Trailer%20002_zpsxn7jb8dh.jpg

Trailer%20004_zpsn4nkvbqk.jpg

Trailer%20003_zps1vyoswwk.jpg

Bloody hell Shayne.

You have made a good job of that. Looks like a professional job. I like it. Well done mate.

I'll second that Karl - that looks the business Shayne! Well done!! :thumbup:

Cheers Lads its been a learning curve alright and i'm sorry now i didn't take the time to photo progress but hey open its about 12ft wide and 10ft tall so it will do for slumming it .

Looks the business :thumbup: have you go a photo of it up ? I would post a picture of my trailer but Bessacar built mine :oops:

I haven't i'm afraid but we are off to Romania Saturday morning so i hope to get some pics of it in all its glory in a more exotic location .

I should also thank Starcruiser for sorting out wheel adapters for me cheers mate :thumbup: and the pro welders down the road who i got to weld the legs together not trusting my own bodged weld to be strong enough , i then ended up moving the frame the legs are bolted to so the good weld is bolted to my botched weld :doh:

:thumbup: I don't believe that's the one I saw a couple of weeks ago, you've gone and bought a newun haven't you.

Hey Shayne, that's looking really smart. Glad to have been able to assist with the spacers. Is this the 100% finished article or are you going to be bolting the last bits on as Helen loads it? Talk about 'just in time', you've put a huge effort into that.

I haven't i'm afraid but we are off to Romania Saturday morning so i hope to get some pics of it in all its glory in a more exotic location .

I should also thank Starcruiser for sorting out wheel adapters for me cheers mate :thumbup: and the pro welders down the road who i got to weld the legs together not trusting my own bodged weld to be strong enough , i then ended up moving the frame the legs are bolted to so the good weld is bolted to my botched weld :doh:

I'm not so sure about the "more exotic location" Shayne, but it will be a little different from Cardiff ! :lol:

Great job there mate, we've even got a little trip planned that may need a night under canvas while you're here, so you may even get to do some light offroad with it, to try it out proper-like.

"Tidy mun" as I remember from my South Wales days... :clap::clap::clap:

Great work Shayne against the ticking clock
Trailer looks really good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% finished Starcruiser :wtf: your kidding right ? no there's been lots of compromise due to time limits and i will be bringing a hacksaw predicting the need for some modification by the camp fire . I might have got a bit more done but i had to put it up yesterday to fit the whale pump to the sink and all of a sudden the boss was chasing me away with a broom because apparently fitting the curtains takes priority over having running water don't you know :icon-rolleyes: There's welding to be done on all 4 corners which you might see in the pics and i decided against fitting a water tank for now because i couldn't work out where it should be to balance the trailer while the tent was up . Today i will be chopping some wooden pads (to be used if the campire modification proves necessary) , painting a refitting the hub caps with a pile of grease in there , changing the diff oils , greasing UJ's and shaft , checking tyre pressure , arranging breakdown cover , get the CB working and replace all the panels , and i've just been informed i must take all the junk to the tip and she wants me to go shopping with her . We leave for Dover tonight !

Looking forward to that Clive the whole idea was for the trailer to be a hard nut to crack with marshmallow inside and i think i have ticked that box :thumbup:

100% finished Starcruiser :wtf: your kidding right ? no there's been lots of compromise due to time limits and i will be bringing a hacksaw predicting the need for some modification by the camp fire . I might have got a bit more done but i had to put it up yesterday to fit the whale pump to the sink and all of a sudden the boss was chasing me away with a broom because apparently fitting the curtains takes priority over having running water don't you know :icon-rolleyes: There's welding to be done on all 4 corners which you might see in the pics and i decided against fitting a water tank for now because i couldn't work out where it should be to balance the trailer while the tent was up . Today i will be chopping some wooden pads (to be used if the campire modification proves necessary) , painting a refitting the hub caps with a pile of grease in there , changing the diff oils , greasing UJ's and shaft , checking tyre pressure , arranging breakdown cover , get the CB working and replace all the panels , and i've just been informed i must take all the junk to the tip and she wants me to go shopping with her . We leave for Dover tonight !

Looking forward to that Clive the whole idea was for the trailer to be a hard nut to crack with marshmallow inside and i think i have ticked that box :thumbup:

Credit to ya mate, let the girl have her curtains, you can always slosh water from a container into the sink. If she doesn't get her curtains, you'll hear about it every single mile of the 3 day journey :lol:

Take care everyone, let's have a 100% turn-up next week.

"Drum Bun" as they say here, meaning have a good trip (literally "Good Road" if you reverse the words) take it easy guys and see you soon.

Back