Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My overland camper trailer

Collected the tool from PO this morning and ...... well it's dirty now :lol: thanks again Rich :thumbup:

Took the trailer for a couple of laps to see how the brakes were and the hitch will have to be replaced it's knackered .

You're welcome Shayne.

You could have the bar straightened. They can straighten hydraulic ram rods from looking like paper clips!! [emoji15]

Last edited:
Trailers buried in the back of a shipping container now Rich so out of sight and out of mind for the time being .

583 views since for sale was posted this morning and only Clive admitted interest with a thumbs up , and he was only worried he would have to find another spare bedroom for our next visit :lol:

No comments on the trailer for sale ?

Nope

Don't need one so no interest for me Shayne :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Showed the wife and got told eeeeer NO or sorry it was just NO :? and got to admit I've not got the balls to just get it and if I did I think she would chop them off :whistle:

I brought a similar one home though not jacked up and the mrs just growled at me :angry-nono:

I started out with the same idea though , i posted this pic on the forum in 2014 of that trailer before dismantling it and taking it to the tip
Trailer003_zpsaf105442.jpg

Last edited:
If they hadn't left the diff casing in the axle I would consider for a giggle.

What tent did you use Shane?

Pennine Aztec Stu trouble is they stopped making them circa 2000 , a dandy dart has very similar dimensions . Lots and lots of searching found no other options for what i wanted .

No there is not many around that open and have the legs with the cover not going all the way to the floor.

There's plenty of that design Stu , for me the choice was limited because i wanted the wheels clear and outside of the body , the newer versions all have wheels underneath .

Can't get this bloody thing out so any suggestions before i chop it up ? as far as i can tell there's nothing holding it but years and a half ton jack is all i can get behind it .

Rapier trailer hitch 002.JPG

Ha the washers held with paint are actually sleeves , when you can't see the forest for trees have a cuppa !

NK Recovery did say the Rapier Towing unit they sell will need a little modifying to fit

Bradley Doublelock Rapier 001.JPGBradley Doublelock Rapier 002.JPG
I should have trimmed it down to make narrower so it would sit between the A-frame rails like the original but having no paint i thought it would do for now .
Bradley Doublelock Rapier 003.JPG

Bradley overrun damper type MH35 should anyone be looking for similar and reverse/shaft lock is button down to save you hooking it up and going for a drive because you can't move it by hand locked or not .

Trouble rewinding one of the trailer legs after our weekend jaunt turned out to be what i feel is poor quality manufacturing . I should explain that while building the trailer i couldn't find any legs that suited what i wanted - tall folding winders . So i ended up with a hybrid of half military half trailertek welded together

Sankey Rapier wheel cylinder repair 003.JPG

And here is the problem

Sankey Rapier wheel cylinder repair 002.JPG

So i drilled out the dent and welded the threaded part in . It could have been a major headache had this occurred while packing up to move to the next camp rather than , as we were , heading home .

Last edited:
Brake problems continue i now need new seals for the wheel cylinder (why the hell is it called that its a brake cylinder surely?) . A rebuild kit for obsolete cylinders is proving hard to find and the only replacement cylinders i have come across are out of stock .

So any suggestions where i might find seals that are approx 22mm inner diameter and 32 outer (actually imperial size Girling)

Sankey Rapier wheel cylinder repair 007.JPG

I was going to say Land Rover parts but looks like you've found it.

Local LR shop was the first port of call Rich he had a bag of mixed spare seals but non came close . I just wish people would share what they know about these trailers there's few enough about to make info scarce even before they became obsolete .

Back