Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My overland camper trailer

Been investigating my trailers gas problems which had me convinced both bottles had somehow ran out following cold nights in Salisbury and it seems propane is the choice for happy campers because it is pressurized to a far greater extent than butane and so will not be affected by cold .

Also while looking to add heating (bloody women) i am fairly convinced Propex gas heaters beat diesel heaters for my needs which is basically an hour in the morning and an hour before bed . Very easy to fit , cheaper and it is said quieter than diesel .

Shall i wait for summer to see if the price comes down :icon-neutral:

Propane has a lower freezing point - we've learnt that the hard way as well with my parents caravan 25 years ago or so now - which is why you use propane cylinders domestically (my parents hob in the UK runs on propane); they're good to about -20* whereas butane is about -2*. On camp stoves I've been known to sit the can in some warm water to help get the gas going...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just remembered there are no pics of the tent deployed on this thread

looks great Shayne - loads of room! Built like a brick wotsit too :) happy camping :)

Thank Steve i am very happy with it and to be honest if i had the skills to build a new one from scratch i think it would look exactly the same .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Gary its overlanding British style i just need to order an umbrella rack ;)

Chris mentioned Nato hitch security so i thought i should share this -

nato lock 001.JPG

There's no quiet way of removing that without a key .

Had to laugh today when i phoned the Rapier brake parts supplier and said "am i cracking up or do i need to trim these shoes with a grinder" my confusion was met with confusion - until i said i'm a Toyota man i know sod all about landrovers .

Ah he says that explains it .... yeah trimming new landrover parts to make them fit is normal :lol:

Like the hitch lock Shayne. Yes it would slow people down. However, on mine it might need a bit of a mod as the ring itself is only held on with two 14mm bolts. Whip those off, stick a new hitch on and you're away. No noise.

I'm sure you will think something up Chris take note of the padlock though if i lost the key it would be a bugger to get off .

Welding over the nuts would be an easy bodge Shayne. Not one I favour so it would need a shroud somehow. But great idea. Very workable

Can anyone find me a locking washer similar to the broken one seen below . 34mm will go over the thread or 1 and 11/32 inch . For some reason all the seller i can find jump from 32mm to about 35mm or similar .

Rapier%20lock%20nut%20002_zpsullid8jz.jpg

Can anyone find me a locking washer similar to the broken one seen below . 34mm will go over the thread or 1 and 11/32 inch . For some reason all the seller i can find jump from 32mm to about 35mm or similar .

View attachment 101317
I would have thought 35mm would be fine Shayne, after all it's only 0.5mm all the way round.

True enough Rich another case of my over complicating things by wondering what mysterious American imperial size i should be looking for :doh:

Best i can work out its about 33 and a half mm but sod it 35 will do so 35 divided by 5 gives me an MB7 tab washer , i learned something today at least .

Back