Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need new clutch - advice

Main dealers are useless when it comes to LCs most of the time as they never see them. Got them to replace a seized caliper and £400 and a few months later the brand new part was seized again. Turns out they did not fit the slider pin bellows and some Lincomb mud got in the pins. Would have been fine if it was a Yaris.

And yes increase in revs with no increase in road speed can only be clutch or drivetrain related with a 99% chance it's clutch related.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Those 4 and 6 springs are just for shock absorbing the drive so don't affect the clutch pedal pressure. The latter will depend on the diaphragm spring.

How many miles has your Milners one done? Any good?

Frank

Let me see I have 205k on the clock now so I think its done about 10k including 3 weeks in the alps. Not done any heavy towing with it yet but its still there! I dont really offroad, so for everyday use its been ok. I did pull a 10ton recovery lorry and a beached 4wd renault tractor out of snow drift back in march although that probably wore more off the tyres than off the clutch! The tractor driver said we could video it if we didn't show him in the picture:oops: but then none of the victims had a camera phone. bloody culchies.

Hi Guys,

Got new exedy clutch fitted at West coast offroad on tuesday. It was good to get the job done by Tom, he really knows what he is doing!!
So thanks again for everyone’s advice!

Cheers
Roy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What is a stage 3 clutch?
i might buy a civic coupe and it has a stage 3 clutch. whats a stage 3 clutch

What is a stage 3 clutch?
i might buy a civic coupe and it has a stage 3 clutch. whats a stage 3 clutch

If it has a stage 3 clutch in it ... it has probably lived quite a hard life!

The stages are just general levels of improvements (I don't think there is a set standard between manufactures) It normally just means lighter and or able to cope with more power with Stage 1 being stock.

Back