Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

need some help valuing a car

L

LandCruiser1978

Have been offered the chance to buy an 80 series but really struggling to value it
As alot of people know i do buy and sell alot but this one im struggling with

1993 red import 4.2td auto
centre difflock only
cloth interior 5 seats
rear wheel carrier
one owner for last 14years (76 year old man)
chassis is spotless
no rust on body
Will have 12months mot
now the bit that im struggling with is the mileage GENUINE 80'000kms so 50,000miles

Where would you price it for sale ????

if it had 180,000 miles id say it's £3495

How much does the seller want for it?

Don't think the low miles make for much of a premium. For one, they're very hard to verify on these old trucks with simple odometers (even if the general condition might support it). And two, sitting idle for so much of the last 20 years probably isn't that great for it as seals harden etc. Good maintenance and service history is more valuable IMO.

Andrew Prince said:
Don't think the low miles make for much of a premium. SNIP Good maintenance and service history is more valuable IMO.
That's what I was thinking.

My view is on most import trucks that are brought here is that they have been clocked before they come to the uk. I have brought far more imports with low milage (under 100k) with the bottom ends thrown out of them than i have uk trucks with more milage.

As for what people want,we all know as you will bob that uk spec with the three lockers are the boys to buy.

Price wise.....I usually see imports at a max of 3k regardless of the miles and con.Dont get me wrong,find a low milage nice example with milage that seems genuine then price could go up to 4 maybe five. With these things it really depends on what people are wanting at the time. I like the imports with them having the fancy mirrors and the fridge in them.Some of them also have lockers as one i have at the min does.

Karl

Back