Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need to temporarily park a landcruiser

Navraj Singh

Garage
Hey guys,

I am in an urgent need to park a land cruiser near stevenage. is there be 1 that can assist me

Or round mine if you want... Crispin knows where I live (you can park it where I normally park my Audi)

TonyP said:
Or round mine if you want... Crispin knows where I live (you can park it where I normally park my Audi)
Tony has lots of space. I have keys to his house and sold everything. :shhh:
Don't let anyone else see this PM

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the offers, finally managed to sort out this whole mess :(

Got pulled by the cops on the 21st, long story short they impounded my car.
Had an issue with my international licence so had to drive on my recently acquired provisional once, needed L plates and another licence holder with me. My friend was running late and needed to get back so I was thinking of parking the car somewhere close.

In the end I just had to put it onto a truck and bring it home.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So now I have a cruiser that has no MOT due to some hand brake issue,
I have two insurance covers that are costing me an arm and a leg (a story in its self)
Spent crazy money to get the car back here
oh yeah....and have no international licence but a provisional UK one

Woohoooo...... Where's the whiskey at :obscene-drinkingfaded: :obscene-drinkingfaded:

Drink driving charge should round things off nicely :thumbdown:

Crispin, I am very happy with all the household goods you sold me recently :thumbup: :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to hear about your troubles. :thumbdown:

Navraj Singh said:
....Got pulled by the cops on the 21st....

If you don't mind me asking, was there something specific that brought you to their attention? i.e. speed check, RTA etc.

You could have used my space at the Police Training School in Sixhills Way !

Pete

Crispin said:
Tony has lots of space. I have keys to his house and sold everything. :shhh:
Don't let anyone else see this PM
Well I needed an excuse to buy new stuff for the house....
Dave Docwra said:
Crispin, I am very happy with all the household goods you sold me recently :thumbup: :thumbup:
Clearly a man of cheap taste as I have nothing of any real value.... :lol:

On that note the Mrs loves the Toyota FJ's..... now if only I could find a cheapish route to one of those in the UK

chadr said:
If you don't mind me asking, was there something specific that brought you to their attention? i.e. speed check, RTA etc.

I got pulled over cuz the MOT was out. Legitimate reason....

wobbly said:
You could have used my space at the Police Training School in Sixhills Way !

Pete

Cheers Pete :thumbup:

But I have managed to sort it out. Thanks for the offer though. Much appreciated

Navraj Singh said:
chadr said:

Thanks for the confirmation, Navraj.

So as a general question, I know that there are Police ANPR "cars" out there patrolling, do they scan the road and (automatically) check cars, or do the officers have to "target" cars.... don't worry, no sinister motives behind my question, I'm just trying to understand how the process works. :?

chadr said:
Navraj Singh said:
chadr said:

Thanks for the confirmation, Navraj.

So as a general question, I know that there are Police ANPR "cars" out there patrolling, do they scan the road and (automatically) check cars, or do the officers have to "target" cars.... don't worry, no sinister motives behind my question, I'm just trying to understand how the process works. :?

most police cars now have Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras fitted which scan every car driving past them and every car in front of them.

it then alerts the officers if theres no tax, insurance, mot, stolen, etc. :)

ben said:
most police cars now have Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras fitted which scan every car driving past them and every car in front of them.

it then alerts the officers if theres no tax, insurance, mot, stolen, etc. :)

Yup, thats how I got pulled

Thanks - you learn something everyday! :thumbup:

It seems you can't get away with anything nowadays! :roll: ;)

The rozzers pulled me over about 18 months ago; mindslip mean't I was 5 days overdue on the MOT - got a £60 fine & the b'stards were cross a because wverything else was in order... There was no reasoning with the feckers - another easy target hit... :evil:

Off topic I know,

They regularly park up on a road near to me obviously zapping every passing car with thier camera, but, they are parked up on a clearway................how legal is this, are they allowed to break the law to nab other law breakers??

I keep meaning to stop behind them, and ask them what the road sign that they are parked in front of means, but bottle out as I am sure that would mean that my card would be marked!!!

About a year ago thre was an 'incident' in a town not far from me, and for over a week afterwards the police & forensic people were parked outside (not all in marked cars) on the double yellow lines.
Now if I were to do that in my van as a tradesman doing a job, I would get a parking ticket.

I appreciate that in the beginning it was an emergency call and that would have been ok, but still parking there over a week later, while they were in effect just doing thier job like any other workman, that can hardly be classed as an emergency call then, so I emailed the chief constable & got a reply the next day noting my comments & saying that the cars would no longer be parking there, they would park in the public carpark about 50 yards away!

Lo & behold they did, but had a special area coned off & didnt have to pay & display!!

Back