Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Member of the 100-Club!

BobMurphy

Country Flag
scotland
Greetings,

Some may know me from the 90-Series Forum and from 'elsewhere' :whistle:.

I have just bought a 2001 100-Series Auto, 'VX' model. I hope to collect it on Monday when its been MOTd.

No doubt I will have to fix things so expect a lot of questions from me in the future :icon-biggrin:.

I still have the 1998 '95' manual, its running better than ever but the body rot is causing concern. I'm not sure what to do with it but will probably repair it before deciding.

The 100 is in lovely condition topside, underneath is a bit neglected and the spare wheel is clinging on with some dodgy bodgery. I have ordered a manual from Roughtrax, have downloaded some pages from the library and have been frightening myself on ToyoDIY :shock:.

I'm not sure that pale leather upholstery goes well with horse-mad daughters so I'll be looking for seat covers!

Its the start of another steep learning curve :icon-rolleyes:.

Bob.

Hi Bob,
Congrats on the new LC and welcome to the 100 club....
Nick

Nice one Bob

Look forward to the photos

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Nice one Bob - you didn't hang about!! :clap:

Look forward to pics and your "updates".

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, I got it home yesterday after it was MOTd by the selling garage.

How they passed the handbrake I'll never know, it won't hold the truck back against the 'creep' in 'Drive', let alone hold it on a hill with a 3-ton trailer.

Fortunately I have intimate knowledge of these handbrake mechanisms from my '95' :thumbup:.

Another thing, This is supposed to have 201 BHP and I thought it ought to move a bit. Unfortunately I had to give up an attempt to pass a tanker artic on the M8 Motorway.

The thing is SOOOOO SLOOOOOW I'm thinking the turbo has failed. Either that or it needs a couple more :icon-wink:.

I'm now reading up about Fault Code Readers.

Its a 2001 model VX with 121,000 miles on the clock. Its in beautiful condition but I'm thinking it needs a lot of mechanical TLC. Right now I hate it.

The 'low fuel' warning light was on when I looked at it (naturally) so I took 10 litres in a can when collecting it. I then drove 2 miles to a filling station and put another £97.00-worth in. I thought the Colorado was bad enough with its 90-litre tank, this thing must be bigger!

Pictures later - when I've washed it :lol:.

Bob.

You in for about £125 to fill up. I might look at selling my fault code reader but they not cheap if you interested.

It's a 96 litre tank.

I thought the same when I first got mine, compared to the 95 the throttle is a lot longer and needs more of a shove, but when you do it picks up and goes. Assuming there's nothing wrong, that is!

Another thing, This is supposed to have 201 BHP and I thought it ought to move a bit. Unfortunately I had to give up an attempt to pass a tanker artic on the M8 Motorway.

The thing is SOOOOO SLOOOOOW I'm thinking the turbo has failed. Either that or it needs a couple more :icon-wink:.

Bob.
Welcome to the expense which is the "Hundy" club. I'm surprised at it being slow, my 03 plater with 300k kms flies, certainly quicker than the turned up 80's I've had in the past. Still I suppose they will vary,the first thing I would do is put a genuine fuel filter on and service it up and see after that.
I'm learning about 100's myself so its a learning curve.

Andy

compared to the 95 the throttle is a lot longer and needs more of a shove, but when you do it picks up and goes. Assuming there's nothing wrong, that is!

Yes, I thought it might just be me as it gets up to speed eventually. The '95' is so much nicer to drive with good throttle response and acceleration.

I really don't like automatics - but I suppose I'll get used to it.

I'm wading through the Ellery Manual at the moment - which doesn't say a lot really. I don't have a User Guide either, and I couldn't find one on-line anywhere - Any ideas ??

The Service History is patchy so I'll be going through it all soon.

Bob.

Not sure about an owners manual, but the FSM is in the repository here.

I agree the 95 feels more perky off the mark, I had a manual 3.0TD before this. The 100 is definitely better once it's rolling though, and much happier at motorway speeds where the Colorado felt a little strained.

welcome to the 100 club ! :)

PICTURES PLEASE

OK, here you are . . . .

I haven't washed it and the birds have been busy but you'll get an idea :icon-wink:.

The topside is very nice, but the underside is a bit neglected. It is 13 years old, with 121,000 miles on the clock after all.

5dc43e21-0e1b-4bc0-865c-a62b6055bf4c_zpsd5dd9a97.jpg

4e4f2194-9994-4f38-950b-936489e852df_zps35e6fa41.jpg

DSCN2923_zpsa0dd2657.jpg

DSCN2924_zps121b66ac.jpg

DSCN2925_zpsa08a745a.jpg

DSCN2926_zps5fc3e633.jpg

DSCN2927_zps6f89f0b4.jpg

DSCN2928_zps7abe7e39.jpg

3c439b47-6a25-431b-b5a7-9a68d92994e3_zps5b4966ac.jpg

6141287e-d75d-4387-9eb4-dba92fd21d62_zpsf5112264.jpg

I have removed the simple tow ball and have painted the bar, tomorrow I'll fit the new, 5-ton Dickson-Bate combination hitch.

I have bought Roof Bars and must get them set-up. I also have a Load Liner.

I have just ordered a service kit from Roughtrax.

This is just the start as the trailer socket doesn't work the fog light and the rear diff locker won't engage.

And I'm still buying stuff for the '95' :shock:.

I suspect you'll hear more from me!

Bob.

Looks good, and hope you get the locker and electrics sorted

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Looks nice and clean Bob, I'm looking forward to some servicing items with the usual excellent pics and guidelines....

Looks nice and clean Bob, I'm looking forward to some servicing items with the usual excellent pics and guidelines....

Hopefully I won't be doing a "how to rebuild the 1HD-FTE Motor" or "Type A442F Auto Gearbox Strip" . .

But you never know :icon-cool:.

:lol:

Bob.

Congrats Bob - have fun tinkering! Bet the garage looks a tad full now ;-)

Back