Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new owner

Idle Yorkshireman

Country Flag
uk
Hi folks - just bought a Land Cruiser Amazon 105 lhd 4.5 petrol ex MOD armored with 21,000 miles. Having revelled in Land Rover Defenders and Range Rovers for 20 years I have now finally decided to try a vehicle which hopefully works on a more regular basis and doesn't get stolen as often......

Woo! Welcome to the club, 105s rock!

Now, tell us more about the mod thing, and when you can - a few pictures would be great.

Hi there - its a 2004 armored 105 9 seater 4.5 manual with barn doors. Armor completed by Stoof of Germany including
  • Alarm siren x3 tone
  • All round heavy duty upgraded compensated breaking system
  • Anti-explosion exhaust insert
  • Back door configuration manual/ electronic
  • Battery additional vehicle support (Back up)
  • Battery armour protection x2
  • Batteries isolator switch
  • Door restraints
  • Engine fire suppressant system
  • Exclusive ballistic approved TÜV / MOT rims
  • Hinges reinforced
  • Intercom system
  • Protected fuel tank(s)
  • Protected vehicle management system (black box)
  • Run-Flat tyre system x5
  • Rear cargo windows (optional)
  • Side wing full length engine compartment armour
  • Suspension system front & back upgraded and specially designed*
  • Tail lights / interior "Kill switch"
I'm picking it up next week and will post photos as soon as I can. I know very little about Land Cruisers and will be interested to see whether its worth an LPG conversion adding to it. Hers what its replacing

Attachments

• 12A446EA-F88E-4E7F-A742-9C1E867484D8_1_201_a.jpeg
    12A446EA-F88E-4E7F-A742-9C1E867484D8_1_201_a.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 38
Hi and Welcome, Was that the 105 on ebay a while ago?... Personally wouldn't bother with LPG Conversion, More trouble than they are worth, And a lot of Petrol Stations are doing away with Gas at the Pump (So to speak)...... Be interested to Know what it Weighs if you get chance to get it on a weigh Bridge... Those are some serious Mods... All the Best with it Mate.... You might need it if Putin casts his eye this way :lol:

Hi and welcome. Be interested to see pics when you get it.

:)

Hi @Higgy - Yes it was on ebay with a garage local to me. I've bought campervans, Range Rover classics and defenders off him in the past and he's always been dead honest with me.. I paid £19950 for it and have no idea whether thats rubbish value or not but its affordable to me and I'm happy with it as a toy for the foreseeable future. To be honest I've never driven it but imagine the mods will add another ton of weight! I'm from Bradford originally so the armor might come in useful for home visits too :smiley:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to another Yorkshire member. Thats some truck you'll have there. On the subject of LPG conversions I'd agree with the others and not bother. I've run 2 80 4.5's with LPG and found that they use LPG at a prodigious rate, so better to spend it on petrol, besides the 4.5 valve seats don't like it too much even with a flashlube system.
Photos are obligatory when you get it.

Thanks for the advice @AndycruiserguyLomas - I will give the LPG a miss. It will be interesting to see how I manage without a heated steering wheel, cabin heater, 360 degree cameras, television and heated/cooled massgae seats that I have in my Range Rover L322 at present :fearscream:

It seems to stand well in the Photo, Especially with all that added Weight.. Be interesting to see what they did to Hoof! up the suspension. .... Agree Putin will meet his Match if he gets To Bradford :lol:

I don't know about the pictures......, I want to see this cruiser in real life.

Got any plans? Or just hit the school run ?

@GeekOKent - it will be my daily driver in the Pennines around Blackshaw Head. A bit of school run for the foster kids, a bit of building work for my property business, a bit of ferrying care staff around for my care business in the snow, a bit of off roading on the farm, a bit of travelling to our holiday home on the coast but mainly me driving around the town like a numpty feeling proud as punch that I'm in something different to a Vauxhall Mokka :p. My mate Kev at MudUk has done many trips overland in his Defender and I'd love to join him but my life is too busy with 4 businesses, 3 grown up children, a grandchild and 3 long term foster children....i can always dream though.

@Higgy - I needed a clear out !
2008 Defender 110 double cab already sold, my favourite Range Rover TDV8 2008 now advertised, my 2006 4.2 supercharged Range Rover 35th anniversary (no 27 of only 35) given to my son in Sheffield, MG Midget plus 2x VW T4 campervans marketed, my Vespa LX125 and Bajaj Chetak scooters too, a Suzuki Jimny and Jaguar XKR Supercharged all on the market so I can have a daily runner ex MOD LC 105 that will do 10 to the gallon if I'm lucky :sweatsmile:

There are Plenty of meet up's this year Planned, Im guessing the members would like to give it a going over, If you can Make any of the Meet up's... Mainly just weekend get togethers ( if you Not too Busy)... There are recent Threads With Info...

Back