Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New shocks and spring spacers in..

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
New front shocks and spring spacers fitted tonight to bring the front up more level with the rear.

Bags in the rear..

What a difference the shocks alone make..
20180320_180301.jpg
20180320_181935.jpg
20180320_214058.jpg

Blimey Lexie, those are 30mm spacers, it must have been very low at the front before, assuming the profile photo to be the “after” shot.

I’m guessing all that 30mm is only compensating the old spring “sag”.

The longer shocks won’t have any effect on the ride height.

Blimey Lexie, those are 30mm spacers, it must have been very low at the front before, assuming the profile photo to be the “after” shot.

I’m guessing all that 30mm is only compensating the old spring “sag”.

The longer shocks won’t have any effect on the ride height.
Yes 30mm spacers, from what iv seen most 80s on standard suspension sit the same and bare in mind the rear bags lifted her 45mm.
Didnt see any point in buyin standard height shocks, now the option to go higher if needs be but in the mean time am happy

Yes 30mm spacers, from what iv seen most 80s on standard suspension sit the same and bare in mind the rear bags lifted her 45mm.
Didnt see any point in buyin standard height shocks, now the option to go higher if needs be but in the mean time am happy

I’ve done the same, my 80 was on its knees when purchased, so fitted longer / stiffer new springs and shocks (OME) from the off. They were rated as +110mm IIRC but of course that’s a measurement from stock height as-new. The effect was dramatic, more like 160mm!

Those have been on for 11 years now and obviously they have sagged, so recently I’ve “topped them up” as it were, with spacers. They work well and I believe them to be a “safe” option. I still get sufficient flex and the ride hasn’t been compromised. Maybe it’s not as firm as when the OME springs were first fitted, but that’s no bad thing.

I carry a fair bit of excess weight TBH, steel full-length roof rack, ARB steel bumpers, swing-out carrier at the rear, front winch, recovery gear, some tools and the like... total weight is circa 3.3 tones without driver/passengers, so they have to work hard.

I’ve done the same, my 80 was on its knees when purchased, so fitted longer / stiffer new springs and shocks (OME) from the off. They were rated as +110mm IIRC but of course that’s a measurement from stock height as-new. The effect was dramatic, more like 160mm!

Those have been on for 11 years now and obviously they have sagged, so recently I’ve “topped them up” as it were, with spacers. They work well and I believe them to be a “safe” option. I still get sufficient flex and the ride hasn’t been compromised. Maybe it’s not as firm as when the OME springs were first fitted, but that’s no bad thing.

I carry a fair bit of excess weight TBH, steel full-length roof rack, ARB steel bumpers, swing-out carrier at the rear, front winch, recovery gear, some tools and the like... total weight is circa 3.3 tones without driver/passengers, so they have to work hard.
My rear bags are a must have as i do recovery work, and i may add they are epic at there job. Just want her half level in the mean time. I may eventually go for 2 inch lift with bags

My rear bags are a must have as i do recovery work, and i may add they are epic at there job. Just want her half level in the mean time. I may eventually go for 2 inch lift with bags

Understood and the spacers are still optional, not like having replaced the springs, which would be more permanent.

Actually, as a recovery truck the rear winch may be the better option :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Understood and the spacers are still optional, not like having replaced the springs, which would be more permanent.

Actually, as a recovery truck the rear winch may be the better option :thumbup:
Yeah thats the beauty that they easy taken out again.

Personnaly thought on front winch as trailer has its own winch.

Can anyone tell me the standard height of an 80?
Iv got a 2nd navy 80 but shes on axle stands

Back