Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Top Gear

No Rich they would not. Everything too easy and they're swamped with info. Computer telly does not seam to be any more reliable across the board.

When our Pye 9" TV finally died in the 50's, we had a second hand B&W Ferguson, only the picture was pink, all shades of pink, black pink and white pink with grey pink for the colours in between :laughing-rolling:

When our Pye 9" TV finally died in the 50's, we had a second hand B&W Ferguson, only the picture was pink, all shades of pink, black pink and white pink with grey pink for the colours in between :laughing-rolling:
Did it have one of those coloured plexiglass screens over it to make (daft?) people think they had a colour TV?

I am an "Amazon Prime" member and bought one of those "Fire Stick" adaptors for use with the 50" high-tech flat screen TV.

It sounds wonderful but my slow and unreliable Broadband means its not going to work I'm afraid - the signal keeps dropping out.

The Fire Stick has picked up a BT Wi-Fi hotspot that looks encouraging. I am a BT Broadband customer but so far I have been unable to log into the Hot Spot . . . . Grrrrr Technology, got to love it :icon-mad.

Will I ever get to see "The Grand Tour" ??? - I'll keep persevering with the tech'.

Bob.

Fair play to you for persisting Bob i can't hear digital tv and i think my only hope of getting reliable subtitles is to move to London . Saves me a fortune in "upgrades" though ;)

We have Prime and a stick if you want to pop round Frank. It was quite good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Watched it yesterday afternoon and I did enjoy it. Looking forward to the next obe

Not watched any of the new shows yet. Can't really be bothered with the Amazon Prime stick thing. Probably wait 'til it appears on Dave. :lol:

The full episode was on Youtube yesterday, then disappeared and is now back...

...but hurry :)

I don't think the beeb will be upset. They have saved £4.5 million per program assuming they would have done an identical job. Difficult to analyse the benefit they would have received. It was a high viewer number under the old Clarkson format so it's not as if they could have increased viewer numbers dramatically.

Chris Evans had to copy the old format. He's a good entertainer in my opinion but the copying was just not his style.

I watched Episode 2 this afternoon . . .

Maybe my expectation was too high; it was OK but the main feature - a sort of "Groundhog Day" fool around in an SAS training site - just got tedious.

And who on earth would spend £1.8M on that Aston-Martin 'Vulcan' ????

All good stuff though, maybe it was just my mood :think:.

Bob.

Yeah but nice opening shots Bob

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 19.23.10.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 19.23.37.jpg

Hi

I finally got around to watching the 1st episode. I think the car segments were good. But the show overall was nothing great. The quality of the scripts is a huge dive over what the bbc used to cough up, and their digs at the old show were clearly forced in and mostly off colour.

If they got rid of the 'chatting' bits, cut the length by 50%, could be a good show.

$40m to make each episode of this??? Wut the nuts.

Back