Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newby looking for advice from those who know

T-BLESD

Hi. This may sound odd but over 2 years ago I leased an LX570 2014. It will be over soon and I am contemplating buying a Land Cruiser as a daily driver. I Have driven Tahoe's, Suburbans, Cayeens, Range Rovers over the years as DD but always admired the LC growing up. I Put around 15k miles per year on a DD and I am a RE Broker. The idea of buying one of these in the 20k +/- range seems like a good one. So for those in the know, which would make a comfortable DD which series I mean? Which year? I have also peaked at LX470's but I am not real fond of the front end on that truck. Thanks very much!

Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom, a good intro BTW :thumbup:

I'm not going to be able to assist in your quest, as a comfortable DD (by today's standards) doesn't really appeal to me so I have little knowledge of the current available comfortable models.

I'm driving an 80 Series as my DD in preference to a small 2 yr old modern car that spends most of its time sitting outside the apartment. It's hard to explain why a small city car with all the joys of 3 x the economy of my 80, quiet, nippy, well equipped and all the other features of modern cars, doesn't encourage me to use it every day.

My 21 year old 80 is big, heavy, slow, thirsty and has electric windows and an ashtray. I can't resist jumping in every morning and enjoying my trip to the office. More to the point, it also ticks all the boxes for off-roading at the weekends on the mountains, but it doesn't seem that you're too interested in that side of the 4x4 adventure.

Someone will be along with something constructive, I'm sure.

Thanks Clive! It sound like you take full advantage of what that suv can do. I've started also looking at LX470's as a DD. Enjoy in Good health!

Tom

Hi Tom. Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to be, with helpful people.
There are members here from all over the globe, but:
Looking at the flag next to your name, it looks like you are in the US of A. If that's the case, you'll find more useful info re the market on you side of the puddle on the mud forum, ih8mud.com.
If you don't like the LX470 (Lexus), then go for the UZJ100 (Toyota) instead. Same truck, different badge (and front).
As a DD, the newer ones with the 5-speed box and VVTi engine will be smoother than the older ones.

Back