Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice haul of mackerel today kayak fishing NE scotland

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
met up with my bother today and his fancy fish finder gadget for some kayak fishing
Hauled in lots of pollack and mackerel, I took 19 mackerel home and we had some on BBQ tonight,
Released about 30 fish back

Nice calm (for NE coast) water this morning , also paddled in some caves
And visited findlater castle

Launched from Sandend near Portsoy and paddled towards Cullen and back
I have a conventional sea kayak but really enjoying using my new Sit On Top Kayak and fishing from it, much less wobbly

IMG_3072.JPG
IMG_3073.JPG
IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3075.JPG
IMG_3076.JPG
IMG_3077.JPG
IMG_3078.JPG

Reactions: Ben
Very nice, ive never been down the east coast, i was always told it isnt as dramatic as the west coast which we have done many times including the inner and outer hebrides.

Wow, I can smell the freshness, nothing better on a BBQ, I just love mackerel straight from the sea.

I used to fish from a small cabin sailboat off the Gower in South Wales, very pleasant to sail a bit, have a beer or two and spin a few mackerel off the stern, then BBQ them on the beach for supper.

Yummy.

Fresh Mackeral. Jeez, I'm slobbering into my beer here Andy! One of the tastiest fish in the sea IMO. You can't lose with Mackeral. Big ones = a very tasty meal. Small ones = a good Pike bait:thumbup:

Hang on, back the truck up a second. Last we saw you were in the bloody Alps.

There's something fishy going on here and I don't mean the mackerel.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Keep up Chris, got back from Alps 2 weeks ago

Yes the mackerel were tasty, never quite so good after being frozen though
The pollack were too small to keep,
IdeaLly want to catch cod one day

Hahha, yeah already planned next years trip

And thinking of a week in Orkney in September and a week doing C2C greenlanes from Whitby to lakes in October ;)

You must be off to Pyrenees soon

Yep. Aug 4th back on the 19th. Got a few bits planned but still as loose as a loose thing. Daughter wants to see some rocks in the Pyrenees. Current wife wants to see Carcassonne. I want some peace and wine. Both trailer and cruiser in tip top condition ready to roll

Back