Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Night Heater

David

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Thinking of fitting a heater in my Troopy as to extend our camping season, not so much for me but for the wife
So anyone got any experience of them. Been looking at the Eberspacher Airtronic D2 and the Webasto Airtop not sure on the best one but both seem around the same price, or is they another brand I have not found
Thanks David

Eberspacher are great dave. The newer ones have variable heat output so the use less battery.

Those two are the most used brands. The Webasto is kind of an industry standard in the nordic countries, but normally as a water heater, for heating both the engine and the car on cold days. The water-based type is more involved tho' as you have to use the car's heater to get any heat into the cabin. If it is only for camping, and you don't plan on minus 20 C, the air based is probably the better choice for battery usage and quiet operation.

David, I have fitted an Eberspacher D2 underneath the driver's seat in my 80 in place of the factory rear heater that I never used. Mine was a second hand unit which I fitted in and all was well until the ECU died[emoji30]. They aren't cheap but used ones can be picked up and they are very simple. There's lots of info on the net here http://www.letonkinoisvarnish.uk/eberspacher_intro_1.html
Silencers are essential on both inlet and exhaust if you want to keep things quiet. Oh, and mount the pulse pump on something rubbery to absorb the pulsing thuds.

I can post photos if it's any help but I don't know the setup on your truck.

Last edited:
I don't think it will fit under my seats, but it would go in the back somewhere

I used to get a few second hand units a couple of years back. You should get a unit for around 200-250 at the min but they will start creeping up to 350 with winter getting closer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have a read up. I can't remember which but there was a make of ECU that was unreliable, and a different make that were reliable. I've had both and still got one![emoji6]

Back