Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

North Yorks 1st Sept 2012

J66P

Nipped up to North Yorkshire with a guy (Ian) from work, cracking days weather and we managed to get quite a few lanes done

The real challenge was the lane that leads up to the ford at Belford, the water errosion is pretty deep, I just amanged to get through but unfortunately Ian couldnt make it due to lack of ground clearance

As you will see plenty of lanes are well overgrown and have not been driven much at all

http://s754.photobucket.com/albums/xx18 ... ?start=all

Picture913.jpg

Picture912.jpg

Picture915.jpg

Picture914.jpg

Picture939.jpg

Picture941.jpg

Picture940.jpg

Picture945.jpg

Picture956.jpg

Picture950.jpg

Picture957.jpg

Picture922.jpg

farmer blocking the lane but he moved them

Picture920.jpg

Picture921.jpg

Picture911.jpg

Picture933.jpg

Picture942.jpg

Great pics! thanks for sharing them. :clap:

The pic of the trucks above the dam is my favourite. :thumbup:

Ive never been laning in North Yorkshire. :think:

The group who are battling, and by the looks of things succeeding in getting lanes closed in the Peak district, say on there website:-

We are modeled on the Yorkshire Dales Green Lanes Alliance (YDGLA) and we are very grateful to them for their advice and for allowing us to draw on the content of their own web site. Set up in 2002, the YDGLA has successfully campaigned for its own National Park to start protecting the green lanes of the Yorkshire Dales. The PDGLA has started a similar campaign for the Peak District.

So maybe the Yorkshire lanes will be next. :cry:

http://pdgla.org.uk/about-the-alliance/

I think its important to get out and enjoy the rights of way we currently have, while we can. IMHO its only a matter of time, until all green lanes are closed to motorised vehicles. :roll: :thumbdown:

they have already been at North Yorks big time, I have to say I bet more than half the lanes we drove today look like we were the first down them for quite a while

ever you need any routes for up there Ben give us a shout :thumbup:

is that Middlesmoor - Scarhouse Reservoir?

used to mtb a lot there, and done some laning last year

AndyCook said:
is that Middlesmoor - Scarhouse Reservoir?

used to mtb a lot there, and done some laning last year

yep thats the one Andy well spotted

That lane from middlesmoor to dam was fun on a mtb bike, the rocksteps near bends. Would love to drive it.
There used to be a good lane northwest of the reservoir, but TRO'd now, or even closed
i drove some easy lanes north of pately bridge last year, nice long ones with good views.

Looks like you had a great day out

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yep the one thats TRO'd is Deadmans Hill :thumbdown:

Back