Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil Drain Valve???

Va PANZUR

Country Flag
united_states
Have a 2019 Cruiser. Saw something about a valve like device that screws into/replaces the oil drain plug. The valve eliminates the need to pull the plug, and makes the entire evolution faster, easier and CLEANER.

Anyone have input/experience to share on this valve? Would like the manufacture's name if avail so I can track it down and order one.

MANY thanks in advance,
PANZUR

Yes I have oe fitted. They come off big plant where oil changes are frequent. The only benefit of them really is that you are much less likely to spray oil all over your driveway. But they do drain more slowly. Easier - check. Cleaner - check. Faster - errrmmm no. But you don't have to stand and watch it. You screw a fitting in with a hose on the bottom so you don't have the long stream of oil. If you can work inside, I wouldn't bother. If you work outside they're great.

Can't recall the name but I can tell you when I am home at the weekend probably. Got mine here from a UK manufacturer

thats a good idea! It would make oil changes much easier while travelling because you wouldn't need a catch can, you could just drain the oil through a tube into an old milk bottle or something. Good call chaps.

Whenever I do an oil change the wind usually picks up blowing the oil dribble all over the place. I have to throw a large piece of hardboard under the engine to make cleanup easier. A tap with a hose fitting sounds a good idea.

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen on an off road truck, I will be keeping my plug

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My off road truck had one fitted and was never a problem. And many have seen the use that got! It's now fitted to my overlander and that's not exactly a motorway cruiser.

They also sell a clip (which looks like a standard hose clamp) which fits onto the tap to stop it being knocked open by accident.

Back