Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ok! Here she is...The Swede :)

Skirebo

Country Flag
sweden
Hi! After several years reading the forum I'm glad to join and present my self and my HDJ80.
- The hdj80 where never sold in Sweden so all hdj80:s here are imported -

HDJ80 -94 VX, auto - with 260000 km on the odo, i have owned it for 6-7 years now and i have recently replaced the turbo (with a sports turbo from all-american) after getting weaker boost and no power. When dismantling the old turbo, the exhaust-turbine was seriously chipped in the wings due to multiple cracks in the turbo exhaust-housing, i was to build a hybrid turbo but ended up getting a new one. The new turbo charge 1.2 bar (fitted a EGT gauge in the downpipe when it was dismantled) and turned the boost compensator + added some juice in the bottom, and then gave the injectionpump some more all the way. A new car really!! It's a beast - now I'm finishing the watercooled intercooler and are thrilled to feel the result... 3 inch exhaust ending out on the side.

Sorry for my bad writing!!! Hope you understand.

I use The Swede everyday and planning to do so the rest of my life.
If i can help, just send me a mail.

Magnus Roman - Sweden

Photo 2014-05-28 21 20 22.jpg
Photo 2014-05-28 21 19 46.jpg

Hi Magnus, welcome!

Lovely looking truck and a bit lively too, by the sound of it! :auto-swerve:

Welcome to the club Magnus. :thumbup:

Nice 80! :clap:

Are there many places to go off road In Sweden? :think:

Hi Magnus, welcome to the forum. Great looking 80, look forward to more posts on the "Swede"

Andy

Welcome to the club Magnus. :thumbup:

Nice 80! :clap:

Are there many places to go off road In Sweden? :think:

Thanks
Not that many! We can't use the nature "as we like" over here but there are some serious competing and also easier driving arranged by 4wd-clubs at private properties.
If you are a land owner (like me :thumbup:) then you can spread the mud as you want... :whistle:

Welcome Magnus, indeed a lovely 80

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi
Can i have some details on the turbo ans photos of the intercooler set up and pipe work please. How have you routed the exhaust?
I thought sweden has alot of of dirt tracks for 4x4 use.
stu

Back