Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OMG What the heck is that parked on my drive??????

Chris that's excellent mpg, just what you were after. Glad your first long trip in the new truck has gone well, it sure sounds like you've got a great example there. You must be smiling from ear to ear as you cruise along!

Howzit C J,

Good to see you've found a truck at last. So c'mon when are you fitting that superior extra arm rest?

Well just for you matey, I shall make the very first modification. And I shall name it in you honour.

Well it matches the interior so I might just .... I do like the GS flat centre tray though. It fits my binoculars perfectly.

Scott, Big Nick and Linda say Hi. I was with them this week end up in Bonnie Scoortland. Atrocious weather. But still bagged a bambi. Yay!

Super pleased with the truck. OK there are some bits to get straight but hey it's 17 years old. My son is 18 and he's not perfect either. Still just cannot believe the engine. I was on the A75 coming home today and there was the usual road train of bimbling fogies who wouldn't overtake a lorry. There must have been a dozen cars and vans at least. Now normally I wouldn't stand a chance. It would be a forlorn home. But as I reached a section near Dumbfrys where it's wide enough to be dual carriageway, I dropped a cog and floored it. Jeez, it just took off with a roar and I passed the lot in a heartbeat. There were grey haired crinklies looking aghast as this 3 tonne behemoth roared past. I love it I love it I love it. I have driven 24v's before but never anything like this. It's a freakin monster

Chris; matey. Can you give me a ring, I think i may unintentionally sold you the wrong Cruiser, I think you may have caught me at a moment of distraction:lol:

Andy

That is A nice MPG for such a big car.

I hope i can get those sort of figures from the 100 series.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sure of course Andy, if you can just dig out the invoice and bill of sale, I'll get right on it. Oh, servicing came to £1000 by the way, quite happy with cash.

In your dreams

Quick edit here - why the hell did Toyota stop making these. it's a crime.

I wouldn't bet on it. This thing borders on frightening. Third gear is mental. I'm sure I had it wiggling it's ass today. Made me smile.

Ok what else can I top trump you with....er mines got bigger tyres than yours!!:dance:

Ha ha, but not for long. I just wish mine was in the gold colour.

Mine's not going to be a nicely kitted out as yours. I think it will be simpler, but then how much do I need for a weekend in Devon?

Some seem better than others as far as performance goes. My low mileage GS (89K) in standard form didn't go anywhere as well as that one and I bet with the fuel mods would struggle to keep up. One thing to bear in mind Chris is that that particular Cruiser is the lightest variant, even lighter with the alloys with everything that it doesn't have that a VX does.

Andy

I think it will be simpler, but then how much do I need for a weekend in Devon?

You can't get away that easily CJ... you're going to do Botswana with me... get you swinging that 375HH

Had a neat shot off the car door at 180 yards last night in a break between the showers. Grrrr. Only need the .243 though. The mighty 37 might have been just a tad over doing it I fear.

Well gosh darn it. The 35's won't go on without lift. I wanted to give them a roll with the truck pretty much standard to see how the diffs were wrt the manual ratios. S'pose I shall have to do the lift first then. And probably the bumper too by the look of it.

I shall save up all this stuff and start a 'transmogrification' thread. I shoved the drawers in today just to shift them out of the workshop before I ruin them. They're only plonked in. Not secured. Might stick extra battery up front as there is room with there being no ABS rather than try to squeeze it in down the side of the drawers. I might go with another underfloor compartment though. The AO drawers come out nice and easy so I can get to the battery if I need to. The others in my off roader are a bit of a pain to unbolt.

Tried the 35" spare underneath today. It will go, with a mod or two. I would have to slide the tow bar out a bit and raise the cross member a little so that the tyre goes right up to the floor. I can lengthen the chain and hopefully store it away nice and neat. Means I don't need a rear carrier then. Or I can carry two spares if I really feel the need. Only issue s being able to get to the windy mechanism if I raise it too far. An electric motor driven one would be so cool.

What you need is a 2 inch lift and they'll fit ;-)

Already sitting on the shelf Gary. Just need another dry day. These springs have probably sagged a bit too.

Chris, were you at Padley Wood today? Some members of our response group went and on the pictures there looks to be a mahoosive landcruiser in the background.

'Twas I. Guilty as charged. Just doing my regular charity stint pulling out Landrovers. Conditions were pretty shocking.

Back