Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OMG What the heck is that parked on my drive??????

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
You know how I wanted a late model UK spec VX 80 series, diesel, 24v manual. In blue. Well.......

Sorry, did I not mention that I was looking Clive. I should have said ....

Dunno what you mean Stu. Andy? Andy who? :whistle:

Oh you mean Laughton Land Cruiser Centre?

I might have.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK OK, so it's not blue. I was never particularly bothered about it being blue. It's UK spec, It's not that late, it's an N '95. Not a VX but I never said it had to be :eusa-whistle: It's a GS but with Aircon. Its in such all round good condition that I'd be mental to say no. Excellent service and biscuits from Mr Lomas at the LLCC in South Yorkshire. Mind you I had expected a small bag of potatoes on the back seat as a welcome gift. However.

Very tidy so I am not battling gremlins from the off. Oh and it goes like stink. I've never driven an 80 like this. It howls. I am wondering if I actually need to regear the diffs when I go to the 35" ATs. With it being manual... It may actually lower the revs a little in my favour for cruising.

So the build begins. No, the arch isn't a different colour. That's the thing with this grey, they look different from every angle. Wheels and tyres will be surplus to requirements soon if anyone needs some.

Screen Shot 2013-10-12 at 18.06.47.jpg

Very nice Chris, it's in my favourite colour too.

In general what are the plans with this on, an overlander/European cruiser??

Looks a nice 80, it's about time one came up! Like the colour tbh.

Ah ha, so the fun begins!

Well done Chris and Andy. The '95 GS (with aircon) not in blue looks good.

Now Chris, just what are you going to do with it?

Looks good Chris, as Warren has said, what's the plans for this one, hopefully not another bog monster.....

Finally!!! Nice one Chris :clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance: I was about to PM you for an update :icon-smile: Glad it turned out to be the one :icon-biggrin:

Compromising on the colour is much better than the condition, after all it's still a 24v manual and will do everything you want it to. I'm sure it's a great 80 and glad to hear she goes really well.

Looking forward to following the build and them the adventures :cool:

Last edited:
Thank goodness the wait is finally over.....for all of us. :lol:

Look forward to seeing what you turn this one into.....:think:

Arf arf. Hmm, think I might get another one in green now. Anyone seen any nice green 80's for sale? I have a list of requirements I can send you

What this means of course now, is that if there is one for sale in the UK, you'll have to go and look at it YOURSELF!!!!!!

I'll do a build thread I guess. Not about to list the whole idea on this thread. This was just to tempt you. But in short, absolutely not a bog monster. I have been crystal clear on that all along. I am NOT selling the Phoenix. I am having two 80s. Phoenix has cost me thousands to build. Not chopping that in I can assure you.

Looks like a nice truck does that Chris :icon-smile: :thumbup: It makes no odds that it only ticks a couple of your original boxes, so long as it makes you smile each time you catch a glimpse of it. Lost chunks of time as you just stand looking at it and walking round it mentally picturing all that you plan for it and even considering things you had not planned! If this is how you've spent this afternoon then it must be the one for the job :icon-biggrin:

.............But in short, absolutely not a bog monster....................
Yea Yea, that'll be the third or fourth time I've seen you say that about a vehical just before the mods start :lol:

At last!!!! :dance:

Looks good Chris. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing what you do to it and with it. :thumbup:

Back