Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

One good deed deserves..........

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
So this morning I am driving through the campo, I am on the way to a customers Mercedes ML which has an ECU coms/pressure problem with the automatic gearbox. About 1km along the track I can see a trail of water in the dust. Another few hundred metres and I come across an elderly gentleman peering under the bonnet of his just as elderly Renault 4.

Obviously I stopped, with a van full of tools, pipes, water and the usual paraphernalia mechanics carry I am sure I can help. Well this gentleman was also no stranger to breakdowns, he had hose, water and tools. After checking he was happy to do the repair himself, and that he had drinking water I got in the van and started the engine, selected first and promptly stalled, the fecking clutch cable had snapped!

Usual trick to drive car without cable is no issue, and when I reached an area with a phone signal I ordered a new cable, but why break there, why not outside my home like it did a few years back?

So with the 80 AC tensioner pulley bearing making nasty noises (new one fitted this pm), the 80 exhaust starting to blow, the van cable snapping (also now fuxed), and whatever could go wrong bloody well is!

I asked the other day if things come in three's, I meant as in three things not batches of three weeks! I must have broken a mirror recently, I am doing more work on my own vehicles than I am on customers!

Regards

Dave

I also get these runs of bad luck dave, your not on your own.

My father once told me a tale of when he broke down in the old landrover on our caravaning holiday in scotland, for once it happend just outside a small village garage, he's a mechanic and always carried a good selection of tools, the garage owner said that my dad could put the landrover over the pit to make life easier. So with four screaming kids and one cursing missus he went about fixing whatever the problem was. Once finished he asked the garage owner what he owed him to which he replied; "son, you owe me nothing, you look like the sort of bloke whos always in trouble!"
It made me chuckle and i think ive inherited the gene..

None of my issues are major, but I am in the middle of moving home and it just seems to stack up when it is one thing after another. I think I am just getting older and grumpier, and it is holiday season so we are overrun with tourists ATM, gonna go kick the cat!

Regards

Dave

grockles are everywhere here too :( roads will be like UK at between 12.00 - 18.00 Ferries unloading Brits heading south, Parisians arriving at the same time.....It will be hell!
I hope your luck changes soon ;)

Back