Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ooops! !! Done it again

Gav missin

New toy! !!! Off Road built coming on I think!!!!! 3 80's in the stable now. Ain't life great! !!!!!

New toy! !!! Off Road built coming on I think!!!!! 3 80's in the stable now. Ain't life great! !!!!!

20170318_113916.jpg 20170318_113904.jpg 20170318_113852.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
4wd control box in the pas footwell.
Changed the Control box Karl. Could be faulty too I guess. Checked all plugs too. F/r diff indicator lights flash but no cdl. Nothing clicking not relays control box or locker. All looks fairly new underneath

Changed the Control box Karl. Could be faulty too I guess. Checked all plugs too. F/r diff indicator lights flash but no cdl. Nothing clicking not relays control box or locker. All looks fairly new underneath
30a diff fusee ok too

I think I have seen this before, did you get it from Gary the guy that breaks 80's? The pictures I saw did show some bits and pieces were missing but would not have taken much to get it back to a 'runner'.

regards

Dave
Yes Dave it came from Garry. Despite the scrapes and grazes it's incredibly solid with virtually no rust and only 200 000 kms on the clock. Planning front and rear winches camo paint job. All lockers work too as a bonus. Passed it's mot with only a couple of advisorys. BEB s planned in the not too near future. Fed up fixing suzukis every week and needed a stronger pay and play toy. If all goes well I'll be taking it to lincomb.

30a diff fusee ok too
Any ideas guys. All 3 diff locks operate if 12 v put to them via jumper cable in and out. Cdl will show on dash if it's done this way. Front and back will then operate from the dial switch. However if cdl is taken out via jumper cable nothing. Cdl won't operate from stick in low or from dash switch. Obviously front and rear then won't work. Changed transmission ecu in driver footwell 4wd relay passenger side and the cdl switch closest one to centre diff lock. Now have cdl light on dash but this doesn't go out when put in to high or from the switch on the dash. If I reverse the cdl via jumper cable I lose cdl light. It will not work in high from dash switch either. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance

Please be aware that I know nothing, but from reading that either the switch isn't working or the cdl isn't getting the message from the switch ( dodgy wire)
I also think if you have a CdL switch then it doesn't come on automatically when put in low ratio. Mine doesn't.

Any ideas guys. All 3 diff locks operate if 12 v put to them via jumper cable in and out. Cdl will show on dash if it's done this way. Front and back will then operate from the dial switch. However if cdl is taken out via jumper cable nothing. Cdl won't operate from stick in low or from dash switch. Obviously front and rear then won't work. Changed transmission ecu in driver footwell 4wd relay passenger side and the cdl switch closest one to centre diff lock. Now have cdl light on dash but this doesn't go out when put in to high or from the switch on the dash. If I reverse the cdl via jumper cable I lose cdl light. It will not work in high from dash switch either. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance
Cdl switch in the box? Wiring? Better to go to Garry's and swap the stuff off a working one or swap off your other trucks mate.

Have you checked the wiring end to end from the 4x4 ECU to the CDL? Maybe I missed something but reading through the posts this seems to be the only thing not tested or replaced?

Back