Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Options for carry extra fuel

Thanks for the info and link Andy:thumbup:

Now I'm really miffed, how the heck does a solid state fuel pump work?

I dont know, but it does!!!

I should have added above that it doesnt have to lift on the suction side

Andy

Would be interested to know more about this set up Geert.

Is the double filler something you fabricated?

Also, how does the 12v pump transfer the fuel from the auxiliary tank to the main?

double filler neck was bought, I don't know where... I could take some pictures of the setup...
I get the truck back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, when it passes the water on roof/windshield test :)

double filler neck was bought, I don't know where... I could take some pictures of the setup...
Hey Geert, that would be good if you could get some photos up :thumbup:

I get the truck back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, when it passes the water on roof/windshield test :)
Hope it all goes well.

you could just get an OEM dual tank filler Paul?

Any idea how much these are Jon?

Are these the ones that have a lever/flap that sends the fuel to one tank or the other?

best to pm me Paul but yes the one with the knob and flap, probably not as much as you'd think :icon-cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are these the babies?
duel fillers.jpg
Gra

Gra, Now you're just toying with us. Can you get those ... or is it just a random picture from the web?

something like that Graham, not sure those pictures are for an 80, if they are they are the older style, just as good as the new style afaik, just not what Mr T sells these days.

Getting a price tomorrow hopefully.

But that picture was lifted from the Google images, so to be sure what to look for.

What about a simple inverted "Y" piece, where you could shoot the fuel into either filling neck, leading down to the respective tank?

Seems a whole lot easier, and could be fabbed up pretty easy I guess.

Gra.

it can and has been done Graham but if you need to pay someone to do it then you will not save a lot if anything and may end up with an inferior solution compared to the OEM part.

Like this
filler.jpg
May be made out of exhaust pipe tube?

Wouldn't cost me £2.00 each over here.

Gra.

How about a pair of these
£2.00 each

Then cutting the down pipe off the one, and welding it onto the other one, suitably prepared with the required opening.

For that price, you could buy half a dozen to "experiment with"

Gra.

Attachments

• filler 2.jpg
    filler 2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I'm sure you could knock something up along those lines Graham.

Back