Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OUCH!

Roger

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
This happened about 2 months ago on a pay and play site. I decided to wait until I heard the guy was ok - I am informed he is fine now - then I forgot to post. I know the previous owner, he put some good work into this, shame, it was a nice toy.

They are strong but not invincible!

19832512_10155468785784500_1878006834_n.jpg 19883565_10155468785804500_801021405_n.jpg

That looks nasty!! Good to hear everyone was ok

Ouch indeed, what happened? A Boeing 747 land on top of it?

That looks nasty!! Good to hear everyone was ok
Yeah that was my mate ed. He was very lucky. 3 times over down a 35 foot drop. We pulled him out with no vitals wasn't breathing no pulse and no reaction when I touched his eyeball. Managed to get him breathing after 4 or 5 mins. My son James and a mate were also in the truck with Eddie both got out unhurt. Never been so scared in my life and never so relieved to see James OK. The guys at Kirton were nothing short of superb along with all the emergency services that attended and the lincs air ambulance. Eddie has always raised funds in his pub for air ambulance via auctions and barbecues and raffles etc over the years. Now the dust has settled the bodywork has all been removed leaving just inner wings bonnet and front floor pan with seats and dash. She's being tubed up next week space frame style. It sits in the yard like the knight in the monty python sketch "just a flesh wound "!!!!

Just going to say I knew the truck and it was gavs mate. Then saw gavs reply. Glad he's ok

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tubing-up sounds like a good idea... more like a necessity by the sound of it!

Lucky the guy is OK and credit to the rescuers. :thumbup:
Just shows what can go wrong when we go playing.
The irony of it all is that we weren't actually off roading when this happened. We were just heading out for a cuppa at the onsite cafe driving what can only be called a roadway round the edge of the site with bushes either side. Before this we had no idea of the drops either side. Eds wheel just dropped off the side of the track and the rest as they say is history.

I've done that myself, going diagonally, especially after rain on the mayonnaise, then realizing there's a 5m drop-off the other side of a thin hedge.

It does wake you up... :crazy:

He's a very lucky man. Really does show how it easy it can go wrong!!

Dealt with quite a few roll overs when marshalled but never that bad!

He's a very lucky man. Really does show how it easy it can go wrong!!

Dealt with quite a few roll overs when marshalled but never that bad!
It was a very close call Gary. Had a small roll there myself couple of months previous. Obviously nowhere near as serious. Giving serious consideration to caging my off roader 80. Nobody seems to produce one off the shelf.

Wow always shocking to see happy no one was seriously hurt. Yes if you serious take off road then a roll cage is a must I would say- probably life saving.

IIRC Steff was selling a tubular cage for an 80 sometime ago, don't know if it was sold. Might be an idea as these cages for 80's aren't common.
Glad everyone was ok in the end, 80's aren't hard to replace.............

IIRC Steff was selling a tubular cage for an 80 sometime ago, don't know if it was sold. Might be an idea as these cages for 80's aren't common.
Glad everyone was ok in the end, 80's aren't hard to replace.............
I'd be interested in finding out about that. Any idea how I might go about contacting him? Thanks

Back