Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2018

Ha! Typical Cruiser cook out! Brilliant. How did this compare to the September show? Presumably a model of efficiency? Someone mentioned the trade stands were inside??

You guys made all the difference welcoming me. Thanks to Nick, Rosy, Karl & Chris and the many members not forgetting Andy & Marie poping down especially today, all making it that much better.

Yes Nick your the Master Chef and I’m surprised there wasn’t a longer queue with the scent of hot great food.

Roll on next time.

Last edited:
Nice to see everyone again, and also make some new friends too (Sam & Tam, Grant & Sarah)...show wasn't a massive show, but half the traders are friends anyway so it just adds to the social side! Got away lightly on spending as I only bought a water carrier and a knife...

Your premium camp was awesome! Chat and food as usual was exemplary - Thanks to Nick & Chris for the food! Not sure what was funnier, the stories of travels around the camp fire or the special security measures Trevor used to secure his good nights undisturbed sleep in his roof tent. Looking forward to catching up with you all again soon

Hi

I did make it to the show (?), but B&B'd on the Sat night as weather forecast was so miserable......

The show - the outside area was ok, I met Jose Almeida who is the Portugal guru and a really nice guy, and got to look at a few demountables (jeez, the cost! Cheaper to buy an actual motorhome...), and found some really long cable ties.

inside - half a dozen exhibitors? On the website it indicated lots of different rooms for traders, but I guess they didnt book.

Worth £30......not really tbh, but the way I see it is that its the only show for my hobby, so its the only opportunity to see traders etc. I am wondering though whether to just go to LR shows where the traders would be anyway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We've been going to September the last few years as (a) its one of the few meets of this type in the UK, so if we want it to continue we need to support it (b) its usually a great opportunity to hang out with likeminded people and check out their trucks & vans and (c) maybe see some trader stuff. To be honest the "show" itself has always been a bit half arsed, but its almost incidental to the main reasons to go, if you follow me. Agree, if you want to just buy stuff - go to the LRO show or similar - or War and Peace is fantastic if you like military stuff - and they sell interesting gear too... just my 2p :)

Anyone attending in September? Not sure if there is a separate thread (if so, sorry!!)

We’ll be there Dave all being well. :)

Going to miss you guys on this one as we'll be Convoy Russki at that time.

I'll tell you all about it at the show Mogg.

Oh damn ....

i havnt updated the thread yet guys due to us havimg a little news a while ago.
holly is due our first child on the weekend of the show. hopefully i can still make it but i really cant commit to anything for obvious reasons.

There's plenty of awnings should she need privacy if she goes into labor on the day. ;)

Whaddya mean FIRST child, Karl. Don't you mean LAST :whistle:

You've got the roof tent with the internal hatch Karl, she'll be right ;-)

Hope all goes well for you guys.

Back