Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pacemaker headers / Pro-Speed exhaust

Cossack said:
Rob said:
keen to see the photos, as i have just found a small hole in my downpipe in the wheel arch. also my rear box is very battered and bent. i think it may be worth replacing the entire exhaust with stainless steel.

i called up pro-speed and there seems to be a landcruiser forum discount, which is nice :D :D :D
Hi Rob,
Did they mention how much of a forum discount?
Chas

Jon,
What diameter is the tubing, is it 2.5" or 3"?
I cant remember chas as he just dropped the price pretty much as soon as i said landcruiser forum. Give them a call they seemed pretty good value.

The exhaust looks good, the little we can see of it.

What's the story with two trailer plugs? 7 + 13 pins? Or some other practical solution.

uHu said:
The exhaust looks good, the little we can see of it.

What's the story with two trailer plugs? 7 + 13 pins? Or some other practical solution.

One is the 7 pin for lights etc and the other is a 7 pin aux socket that is common in the UK for aux power to the trailer for fridges, battery charging, reversing lights etc.

Jon Wildsmith said:
You like the bling Gav? :lol: I may experiment with a black hoop or ARB style bar work, dunno yet.
Aye, 'fraid so Jon - it looks quite odd without the bumperettes & the hoop... BLING BLING!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Contraversially (sp.) I'd like the TJM bumper for the 80 to look a bit more like the 100 design - I shall be trying to use a few 'shapes' from the 100 when I finally get to doing mine.

[quote="Jon Wildsmith":3i8o7fj6]if I ever drop a blower on it
[/quote:3i8o7fj6]

WTF!!! Watching this space!!!!!

I miss having some proper grunt but don't want to be back down at ground level for it :cool: Don't know when the fun fund will have filled back up enough for this yet though, could be a while :cry:

The bumper looks a little odd from the side, less so from the front.

Your 100 should be getting close to the 'grunt-zone' by now non? Mind you, you can never have enough can you... :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gavlad said:
Your 100 should be getting close to the 'grunt-zone' by now non? Mind you, you can never have enough can you... :cool:
Needs at least another 100 horses, more would be better :mrgreen:

Just for you:

Image0062.jpg

Image0065.jpg

Image0069.jpg

Much easier to climb into the engine bay without that bar in the way! :lol:

Im sure you'll get there soon dude...

Suweet... I'd clamber over the hoop myself :cool:

I still like it with all the trimmings Jon - can you buy those rubber bumperettes seperately?

Gavlad said:
can you buy those rubber bumperettes seperately?

Don't think so and you'd have to duplicate the T3 shape pretty closely for them to work on another bumper.

When I'm done climbing into the engine bay for the LPG I'll give the black full trimings variant a try for a bit.

Now some miles have gone by since my 2nd visit to Pro Speed I think the volume of my exhaust is still much too loud for my liking. I must dig my sound meter out and quantify that a bit. It doesn't resonate like it did when it first went on which is good. I've ordered a Super Trapp to put on the tail piece and see if that quietens it down without choking it too much, they're supposed to be good. While I'm waiting for that to turn up I might have an experiment with a crude home made version. Sticking bits of wire wool up the pipe makes it quieter but they won't stay in :lol:

It's going for an MOT on Wednesday next week and apparently there's new rules about your exhaust not being any louder than the OEM one :o should be interesting considering how quiet the OEM system is!

I'll update again when the Super Trapp is in place.

Jon Wildsmith said:
It's going for an MOT on Wednesday next week and apparently there's new rules about your exhaust not being any louder than the OEM one :o should be interesting considering how quiet the OEM system is!

That's interesting... how do they know how load the OEM exhausts are, specially on older vehicles? I can't recall these being noted anywhere

TonyP said:
That's interesting... how do they know how load the OEM exhausts are, specially on older vehicles? I can't recall these being noted anywhere
My information source on this is the internet and you know how unreliable that can be but apparently it's the testers discretion that decides.

Jon Wildsmith said:

Auto Trader will full of Saxos!!!!!

Seems like another cr@p law on it's way...

/OT

If that is the case I am buggered... :shock:

let me know what the outcome of that MOT is...

I don't do many miles and hadn't done very many since I revisited Pro Speed on 6th April. This last week I've done quite a lot of miles and my exhaust is getting louder and louder. Worst of all it booms/drones again now so whatever 'internal baffles' Charlie put in to fix this were obviously not up to the job as they only lasted a couple of hundred miles. I spent over £1k thinking I would get quality and having been reassured it wouldn't be loud :evil: Now I will have to have it stripped off and replaced and have to write off the £1k :x

have you spoken to Charlie?

My box definitely got a bit quieter with time as he said it might. Can't see why he can't repack the exhaust boxes themselves quickly and cheaply or even add a pair of small rear boxes.

Yes, I went back and spent another best part of a day there but it's as loud now as when I started. Given that attempt failed to achieve anything I'm not sure I want to keep going back and forth to Cardiff to waste more time and may have to find another vendor to fix this.

I forgot to mention in this thread, the solution Charlie offered was a pipe across the back of the car behind the rear cross member with another big silencer on it but I need that space for a winch.

Back