Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Paint woes.... Help!

Pumpy

Country Flag
england
I sanded and sanded, washed and dried, primer seems to have reacted badly... how do I sort that out, and then what primer should I be using? this is a filler primer from a proper paint place, all be it in a rattle can.
S8300492_zpshwtj9jhn.jpg

Next, after gluing the rubber back on, sanding the silver down to smooth as silk, reading the primer it said not to use on thermoplastic mouldings, so I didn't, went straight for satin black intending to wet n dry it and give another coat, but that's gone pear too

S8300491_zpspcyo7zco.jpg

what a mare :angry-cussingblack:

no idea what paint was used for the prior respray :text-nocomment:

You can get like a blocker but for the life of me I can't remember what the trade name is

been digging, it's called "Isolator"

HB Body P962 1K ISOLATOR aerosol 400ml barrier coat

now trying to find somewhere local I can pick some up tomorrow...

You need a plastic primer for the, yes you guessed it, plastic bits.

You need a plastic primer for the, yes you guessed it, plastic bits.

is that likey to react with the shite paint that was on them? presume the silver stuff is cellulose stuff causing the reaction... wondering if the isolator will cover that?

I hate painting cars:angry-screaming:

Well, the isolator worked, first coat of satin black just gone on OK

IMG_20160630_105353_zpscc3gvzxp.jpg

IMG_20160630_105418_zpslnlp8bcr.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ahh, your doing the black bits round the windows. Mine need doing too..

Yeah it'd been painted over silver, along with the window, seal, and grill for good measure. I'm fitting gullings so went back to black or it'd look a bit iffy.

Good timing tho, under the window rubber was getting bad with tinworm in the corners, bit of grinding and filler sorted it out, another 12 months it'd probably have needed some awkward tinwork and welding!

Back