Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Partner stove

Hi thanks for this. So can I ask are you in the UK? I have been looking up on gas supply websites, but it is confusing because I don’t have the stove or a bottle. Maybe I should just get the thing and get on with it.

So not rocket science then and rather generic .

Shame such a banal subject had me reflect on the forum as a whole and realize its a habit i gain nothing from .

Used to be a fun sense of community which has just waned , maybe since the regular Lincomb offroad events ceased ? , I don't know maybe its me .

The older i get the less effort i'm willing to put into liking people which is kinda sad . But then Nancy called me a boy earlier in this thread which after my initially wanting to drive half the country just to spank the windbag , but ultimately made me realize i should be glad that while my tolerance levels are running low I am still not prone to geriatric pedantic childish point scoring .

Maybe mental function has declined so much he is jealous of the forums unfair labelling system , I posted up a complaint about my being labelled a Guru by a computer program long ago when they first started using what i feel is a ridiculous point scoring system , In which case i suppose i should feel some sympathy . I don't though so Tractionman should you ever recognize me at the same event please introduce yourself and call me boy in a condescending tone . It will be fun i promise .

Who knows :confusion-shrug: and who needs it . I could login once a month and read every post in less than an hour so maybe thats what i will do in future .

It took you a long time to think that up boy, and if you read the original post properly, I never said that word - too much for you ?
Generic ? but YOU didn't get it, didn't want to get it, then talk about incredibly thick people and hoses in your response and you already tried the childish point scoring in that, - remember ?
If you don't know, don't argue about it ! No Shame in that.

Jealous of unfair labelling ? There are a lot of real gurus on here, that I have respect for and have/can learn from.
You labelled me an expert, - in that case is anyone who knows more than you, is one by your thinking ?

There is nothing an honorary guru like you can learn is there, without your sniping that prompted all this, I gave a simple answer to a member that disagreed with your expert on all things thinking, and you started throwing your toys out of the pram.
At that stage there were no insults to you, until you mentioned incredibly thick people in response to my post, as you had no full understanding of it.

Obviously you pressing the ignore button didn't work.

Drive or parachute in if you like, - I've already got gravy running down my leg after some of your manly boasting on here. You don't scare me with your threats, even in person.
As a guru, is that allowed on a 'friendly' forum ?
Crack on son !

TonyP, if you feel the need to get involved here as is your perogative as super mod, please read from the start, and if you are going to comment, apportion blame suitably without favouritism, and without the influencers, all members are treated equally, so we were led to believe. You also have the 'power' to give me the big green D if you wish.

Thanks Charlie for this information and also the link. I really don’t know much about all the different gas fittings etc. You make it sound easy and that it sounds like the regulator itself that Partner send is compatible. Just a different end.
I feel more confident that I can buy a stove from them now. Thanks again Charlie and to everyone else for offering advice about this.
Best
Darrell

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was looking for how many bar it is, but it doesn't seem to be stamped, unless it's in the shadows, so you may be right Karl - straight through with no pressure restriction, just an elaborate decoy/method of connecting appliance to bottle.?

Interesting, talk about gloves off and pistols at dawn. I can't be arsed to mediate between the two of you. You have both been around on this forum for a number of years and you have a spat over gas bottle fittings...

I will pick up a point made by Shane though, and that's regarding the forum and the "fun" element. Seems like since Chris passed on, or perhaps since I sold my 120, I have lost interest. There are other Super Mods, who can also step in, but I suspect they chose to do other things with their time.

Fair enough Tony, - threats of violence on a friendly forum, all members treated equally ?
Could it be not what you know, but who you know ?
I'll leave it there.

Picked one up recently in the states and brought it back on the plane, this is how I got it, I haven’t changed anything and it seems to work with the propane bottle!!
Shame the 3.9kg bottles are going MD’ed!!

5085A0C5-94FE-4EA6-BA18-FA43B2E50E50.jpeg
C5865771-F0D4-42B4-AEAC-2609206FE291.jpeg
13E320E5-E73C-4035-9A60-B56732F32B2F.jpeg

Hi cmcmill01 this is brilliant news that you did nothing and it connects straight out of the box. Out of interest which model did you go for? I am torn between the one ring and two ring with wind shield. I have not got a bottle yet until I get the stove. I fid not know the 3.9 kg bottles are going. I will have to work out what size bottle to get. I have only ever used little one man gas stoves for hiking before. So the big boy toys are new to me lol
Thanks for sharing this.
Best
Darrell

Thanks for heads up.
It would be rude not to reply to your kind offer.
I don't think that It would go down too well, as I'm not in the guru league, just an 'expert' on gas bottles apparently, and information I gave is freely available from numerous sources.
It's not rocket science or top secret.
There are many well respected members more knowledgeble on here, well able to fill that position if they wish, if you have vacated it.

Hi cmcmill01 this is brilliant news that you did nothing and it connects straight out of the box. Out of interest which model did you go for? I am torn between the one ring and two ring with wind shield. I have not got a bottle yet until I get the stove. I fid not know the 3.9 kg bottles are going. I will have to work out what size bottle to get. I have only ever used little one man gas stoves for hiking before. So the big boy toys are new to me lol
Thanks for sharing this.
Best
Darrell
I went for the 22" with Windshield, I had a Campingaz stove for many years before this and did me well, but in windy conditions did take a long time!

Back