Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
revisor.jpg

Is that the Picadilly line?

Certainly feels that way sometimes... :lol:

No it's East Midlands Trains' advert for improved services between Sheffield and St Pancras.

I regularly pay £165 to sit on the floor in the carriage end. So no sympathy from me!

Not trying for a World Record were they? The most people ever to leave on time on a railway built by someone British?

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE POUNDS! i knew things were bad but this is unreal - B.R. was supposed to have been privatised "for the public good"

£165 :o , that'll be the price saver to Outer Mongolia I presume :lol: :lol:

FFS Chris, that can't be right ?
£165 are you serious ?

For that price I would want a reserved seat, and low behold if I had to stand !

Graham

Oh, did I not mention that the parking is now £8.00 as well.

It is very expensive. Oddly it's only £109 from here to Reading, which is further. O, but then that's a different operator. You should see the First Class price!!!

I can sometimes go three times per week. I generally stay over now in a Central London Hotel. It's cheaper, even with a meal.

Chris

A colleague of mine lives near Hexham and regularly flies down on a Monday and back on a Friday between Newcastle and Heathrow. Due to the recent BA strikes he has had to make that journey on the train. He says it's costing home almost twice as much! :shock:

because of these silly prices no one uses the rail system out of choice, you only use it if you got a student rail card and book months in advance, or you can claim it on company expenses or if its impossible to drive to work due to time restrictions or parking. more expensive than flying? wtf? recently a Bristol Edinburgh round trip was over £200 by train and would take hours. the plane was less than £100 return and took far less time.

remember that episode of top gear where they bought a car and fuel for less than a return rail ticket :lol:

Holy shit that is expensive! :o :o :o At first I thought that was per month.

Weird thing is that I can save about £5 if I book, Chesterfield to Derby, Derby to Leicester, Leicester to London - but just not get off the train. Go figure.

Chris

Back