Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Permanently mounted shower.

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
Stage 2 of project keep the wife/kiddies happy.
Finally getting round to mounting my hot water system after having it in a wolf box for the last 9 months. Sounds glamping but honnestly a hot shower looking out over the beach to the sea is a proper morale booster. Takes 2 stage filtered water and the little gas cartridge.

Have built in a deflector plate to direct combustion air outside, might see if i can get some one to fab up a small duct.

Will sort of CO monitoring before use.

It's by no means finished but gives an idea.
20230213_165709.jpg

Last edited:
Just need one of those rook rack mounted shower curtains and bobs your uncle

Just need one of those rook rack mounted shower curtains and bobs your uncle
Already have one, used for toilet and the boxed shower. Trying to make more efficient use of the storage space as the little ones grow and I want to go further afield.

So after much swearing the shower is in and the framework built up. Most of the electrical work is done.
Only thing iam not too happy with is the cut out hatch to access the plumbing below and water filters.
20230321_171632.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris, what size pipe does that filler cap (with the key in it in the photo) feed, and is the cap screwed in or snap shut, trying to find a suitable fitting to connect my external tent heating pipe to on the outside, making up a more permenant fixture than the existing set up, and can’t seem to find a large enough diameter fitting, that looks ok on the outside, need 60mm but could make do with 50mm but need to screw something in to connect the external bit, tried various marine water / fuel filler caps.

@Andy the inlet is a 40mm pipe. I did find something a while back to act as a quick release but it wasn't very pretty. I'll keep looking. You could see if someone would 3d print you something that's how I got my inlet coupler for my heater.

A couple of children free hours this morning allowed me to do my MOT prep and mostly finish my hot water install.(CO monitor and mug, when I decide which one, to mount. And some sort of latch for my access panel)

20230402_141133.jpg

Bottom left. Dry quick connect for quick water access without having to open the boot.

Gas regulator is not screwed on and the hose connects via a quick connect when needed.

Alpkit jet boil equivalent mounted above TCS rack in bag.

Extra storage bag and shower head.

Underneath. Petrol storage for cooking stove and water system. My accumulator vessel was causing issues with the Eccotemp so had to remove it.

20230402_141146.jpg

How hot is it getting around the top of the heater Chris? I've mounted mine on a bumper swing out for now, but am debating the pros and cons of mounting it inside like yours. My main concerns being the fire hazard of having a gas burner running inside the truck if it goes faulty, and how much heat it'll pump out in use. I'm guessing you gave that a lot of thought and did some testing?

@Jon Wildsmith I installed a deflector to direct the exhaust air out of the gullwing, I can take some readings for you. Only use it is short stints as it flys through the water tank. Gas is disconnected when not in use and also on a quick disconnect. CO monitor installed. Haven't considered a total failure, I guess I could add a quick release to the mount to be able to pull it out in a hurry. My extinguisher is mouneed just to the side if it got severe.

Back