Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pimped coating on truck - what do you think?

Depending on the vehicle, I quite like the matt black spray and it looks good on this LC. The fact that it is bedliner spray means that it is tougher than normal spray.

Looks a bit stealth like...I like it....don't know whether its the shape of the 80, or what...but it looks like it was made for the coating.

A whole truck would be horrendously expensive, to get a winch bumper coated cost me about £200, but it was Very Tough stuff :shock:

You get DIY friendly alternatives like protektakote that you can roll on. There are a few guys on ih8mud that have done home jobs with good results. I think they call it Rhino lining in the US.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks cool. :cool:
I wonder what it does to aerodynamics and I wonder how easily Lincomb-red would wash off it?.

Ryan Thomson said:
I think they call it Rhino lining in the US.
You get Rhino Coat here in the UK. Prety sure we got that in sunny SA and I won a free under-vehicle coating for my 80 series once .... very nice result.

EDIT: Yes, in SA too, here

I used a diy product called DURABAK to do the interior of my 40==available in colors

I did this over POR 15/polyurethane paint

There is a version of this called Speedline too. I have seen it on a 'Lux pick up. It was indestructible. Couldn't scratch it with a key.

Chris

Noo, the owner did it. Not me.

All reet yoof.? Tha's bin quiet.

C

Chris said:
There is a version of this called Speedline.....
Did someone say speed line
splif.gif
s9.gif
:whistle:

I painted all 4 of the wings on my Y60 Patrol a few years ago with Protecta Kote... hard as nails and contains small rubber particles suspended in the coating.

There are a couple of photos here and here.... but be warned, they are HUGE but they do show the texture which is akin to that of newly laid Tarmac :lol: :thumbup:

Back